Home Forums General Discussion Update on the Infrared Sauna use

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hey Rebecca,

I found this one thread on sauna and picc lines.  Sounds kind of risky.

http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=30&m=1025943&p=1&ord=d

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

thanks kim your a life saver!

justsaynoemore
    Participant

I just had my first sauna tonight.  About five minutes into it, I was just relaxing, and suddenly realized I had to swallow a huge bunch of saliva.  I haven't had a wet moist mouth in years.  Its two hours later and I am having to spit sometimes I am producing so much saliva.  It feels GREAT. 

Kim
    Participant

I'm not sure if that's a “yeah” or not.  Are you drowning? :roll-laugh:

justsaynoemore
    Participant

I am wondering if its a YEAH too LOL  I wonder what it means, I have forgotten what the salivary glands are for except to help with digestion.  Google time!

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

It sounds like a yea to me.  Dry mouth is not a good thing.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

SURVEY PLEASE

I just remembered that 2 yrs ago when I first began with my doctor and she ran the bloodwork showing I have Babesia ducani (WA-1) she said I would not be able to chelate metals until we get rid of the Babesia.  She didn't tell me then that getting rid of this particular form of babesia is nearly impossible.

I am wondering if the babesia is why things like the sauna and MSM that work so well for others, cause me to flare.  Could everyone using the sauna tell me whether or not they have diagnosed babesia WA-1 (ducani)?  My understanding is that Babesia Microti (another form) is much easier to kill, so I am only interested in WA-1.

Thanks for your time on this.

Susan

Conniel7777
    Participant

Hello All,

GREAT info about the sauna! not only for the Raynauds, but the theory about how it helps those who have thickened skin? WOW!

I would like to purchase a portable one..  could someone send me a link? ( if its not ok to post a link, please send me one thru a PM, ok? )

Thank You!

Connie

Eva Holloway
    Participant

here is a web site:

http://www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com

this has the portable sauna. Click on portable infrared suna on the side panel.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

JOJO19551
    Participant

http://www.amazon.com, search for portable infrared sauna.  My sauna folds up like a suitcase, cost $359+$42 shipping.  I tried to give you a link but no able to. 

JoAnn

Conniel7777
    Participant

jOjO,

Thanks, I love Amazon and will definitely check that out!

Connie

Kim
    Participant

Hi Connie,

I sent you a PM.

kim

Parisa
    Participant

Rebecca,

My husband has a central line in and I thought sauna would be out of the question.  Then his Lyme doctor asked if we were doing sauna.  He said that we just needed to change the dressing afterward.  I'm not sure if it would be any different for a PICC line. 

Parisa
    Participant

Susan,

We're pretty sure that my husband has babesia as he responds very well to the antimalarials.  I believe he was tested for both microti and WA.  Both come out negative but I also know the testing isn't very accurate. 

I felt that detox was an issue for my husband and also considered some type of porphyria.  I think we've knocked the babesia down quite a bit.  At one point, he seemed to flare more when he got sun and that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore (knocking on wood!).  I think in a different post/possible different thread you mentioned that your skin was a different color.  That has been another problem for my husband.  I don't know if that's babesia or another issue.  My husband started on Niacin a few months ago and his coloring has improved.  Some pellagra pictures with darkened skin made me decide to try this.  Of course, the improvement could also be due to the babesia protocol he's on too.

Kim
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

SURVEY PLEASE

I just remembered that 2 yrs ago when I first began with my doctor and she ran the bloodwork showing I have Babesia ducani (WA-1) she said I would not be able to chelate metals until we get rid of the Babesia.  She didn't tell me then that getting rid of this particular form of babesia is nearly impossible.

I am wondering if the babesia is why things like the sauna and MSM that work so well for others, cause me to flare.  Could everyone using the sauna tell me whether or not they have diagnosed babesia WA-1 (ducani)?  My understanding is that Babesia Microti (another form) is much easier to kill, so I am only interested in WA-1.

That's a tough question, Susan, and one I can't answer.

I was clinically diagnosed with Babs (don't know whether it's Microti or Ducani), and responded well to Babs tx.  I also have a heavy load of metals.  Interestingly, the metals are being released with the parasite cleansing.  I have a metallic taste in my mouth which I'm taking as a good sign. 😛

Good luck, Susan, as tenacious as you are you will work through this, one slow process at a time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘ Update on the Infrared Sauna use’ is closed to new replies.