Home Forums General Discussion Update on the Infrared Sauna use

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Joann,

I seen one where you can put your arms through holes and read a book. I know 20 minutes is a long time with nothing to do. Maybe just thinking about good things may help or watch the TV:roll-laugh:.

I am going to order mine in July.:D

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

JOJO19551
    Participant

Eva, I either watch TV since I have Raynaud's and want to keep my hands inside.  I wish I could read while sitting in there.  I bought a blue tooth for my cell phone today so, once I figure it out, I will be able to talk on the phone.  Once I get on the phone I will probably forget where I am.  Whatever works!! 

Also, mine is the portable kind which is kind of nice.  We have a second home so hubby packs it up and off it goes with us.  Also with the portable you can always fold it up and push it under the bed.  Let us know how you like it and the improvements  when you get yours.     JoAnn

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Joann.

Yes I will get the portable one too. My house is a little small so anything extra up is too much.

Eva

Eva Holloway

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Mine is portable and I watch TV.  The 20 mins seems to fly by for me.  I just love the heat and it is in the high 80's here.

However, I am noticing that I experience some minor joint pain afterward.  Tonight, my left ankle is throbbing and it wasn't hurting a bit before the sauna.  I guess I am still pretty toxic. 

Good grief!  4 yrs of detox, detox, detox.  I'm surprised I don't glow green!

Any possibility the sauna is killing bugs and I am experiencing die-off?  That would be nice.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Any possibility the sauna is killing bugs and I am experiencing die-off?

Parisa
    Participant

Hey, I think boredom is a great side effect!  After some of the scarier things we have faced isn't it funny to have something so benign that does so much good!

Kim
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Any possibility the sauna is killing bugs and I am experiencing die-off?  That would be nice.

That would be my bet, Susan. 

The more you debris you can unload, the better your joints will feel.  All of my joints were killing me when I first started using the sauna.  I couldn't lift my arms to pull a shirt over my head, could barely turn over in bed, and every disc in my spine felt like it had blown.  The doctors were trying to give me all the meds for Fibro and Chronic Fatigue which I refused.  All of that is gone and now and my only soreness is self-induced from over-doing it… from feeling better. 😕  It's a vicious cycle!

My LLMD says the same thing Cheryl said, that the heat creates a fever the way your body was designed to do to fight infection.  All I can say is it works for me with no side effects.

Happy sweating…..kim

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Yes, I am thinking it is killing too although it could be moving toxins like metals.  My wrists and fingers are achey this morning but none of this is much ache at all.  Really, really minor stuff.  If I weren't sick, I would be saying “old age setting in”.  I warm out of it quickly. 

For me, I am virtually painfree most of the time so I can really tell the cause and effect of something. 

I absolutely love sitting in the sauna.  Am I weird?  The heat is soothing to me and I sweat buckets of water.  I want to do it daily, but I think I better stick to twice a week until I no longer have these little aches afterward.  One thing this illness has taught me to do is to chip away at things slowly.  I was always a “hit it hard” mentality.

I'm really glad it is having such a great effect for everyone and especially you SDer's. That is a really scary disease.  I believe it is having a great effect on me too. 

Sing along……Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on…dah-da-dah dum dah da dah.:D

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Ok, I used my sauna again yesterday morning for 20 mins.  Had been feeling really good all week.  By the end of yesterday, my ankle was hurting.  I awoke this morning with ankles, heels and wrists hurting.  Grrrrrr…….

I don't know what it is about me that everything that makes others feel so good, makes me hurt.  At this point,  I can no longer deny the sauna, joint pain connection.

I'm going to cut back to the once a week my doctor recommended.  The sauna has to be doing something good to cause the pain, but I will have to proceed in very small doses. 

When I first got sick, I couldn't even take an epsom salt bath.  20 mins later all my joints would flare badly.  Now I can soak in es all I want but I can't take MSM and I can't sit in my wonderful sauna. :crying:

Susan

Kim
    Participant

Susan,

I just have to think you're still in the building-up phase and not in long enough to really be eliminating much.  Hopefully, you can plow through this and start to see some benefits.

Hang in there……kim

p.s. Just had a crazy thought.  Maybe you could try and e-mail Dr. Sherry Rogers and ask her what she thinks.  She's the detox guru.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Kim

That is a great idea and I will try Dr Rogers.  There is no doubt though that I am herxing from something and the sauna is the only thing different.  I slept 2 hrs in the middle of the day yesterday which is unheard of for me.  I have great energy and never take daytime naps.

My ankles and wrists still hurt a little this a.m. and I had trouble waking up.  Just seems like a herx.

Another thing since using the sauna is….I am turning red/brown like an indian (American indian) as if I have been out in the sun a lot.  Normally I have kind of light skin, not the kind that burns easily but not the kind that tans easily either.  Remember me saying I was getting a rosy glow to my face?  Well, that rose is turning red and not just on the exposed areas.  I always said I had built in SPF.  This ruddy look looks really good but is new for me and I'm not out in the sun much.  Due to heat and humidity, I am riding my horses in the late evening around 7pm.  I work at a desk job but I seriously look almost sunburned.  That has to be the sauna too.  What is going on?

I think I am detoxing something.  I sweat freely in the sauna but will keep that sweat going for hours and hours afterward.  If I didn't have the joint pain, I would be thrilled.  I am drinking lots of water and magnesium and eating mostly fruits and veggies to be sure I stay mineralized.  I also supplement a lot of detoxing herbs and I use glutathione suppositories.  I almost think the sauna is magnifying all that I do.

I will write Dr R and if she writes back, I will post her response here.

Susan

Kim
    Participant

Susan,

This is a link about the L. Ron Hubbard Narconon drug rehab using saunas for detox.  I'm not condoning his program at all because I don't know anything about it, but I think there are some good points regarding detox in general.  It mostly pertains to narcotic abuse, but there is some interesting stuff about detoxing firefighters, etc.

http://www.narconon.ca/Scientific_Drug_Detox02.ht

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Yes, I have seen the Ron L Hubbard information and I found it very interesting.

I was thinking after e-mailing with you this morning that both my current doctor and my previous doctor are trained in detoxification.  Both of them have the “IV” room for chelation therapy and yet, both of them made the decision to NOT give me IV chelation therapy. 

My first doctor explained I was too toxic to handle it.  At that time, he couldn't have been more correct.  My current doctor and I have not discussed it but she too uses only gentle detox methods on me such as herbs, glutathione, diet, ACZ Nano even though I always see plenty other people hooked up to the IV and for one year she held me off the sauna.  I'm thinking she would say much the same thing if asked.

I would say both of them are equally trained in detox as Dr Rogers and they have the added advantage of knowing me personally.

There is no mistake that I enter my sauna absolutely painfree but approximately 12 hrs later I have wrists and ankles pain which takes about 24 hrs to subside.  Sunday may have been an unusually bad day and it may have been because I worked out (sweat), then sauna'd (more sweat) then just kept sweating profusely all day even though I was in air conditioning.  I showered twice. 

Whatever, today I am back to painfree and happy for it.  I wonder if all the herbal detox combined with the sauna just becomes too much detox?  If so, it sure would be easier and cheaper to sit in my paid-for sauna.  I plan to ask my doctor about this at my next visit.

Susan 

JOJO19551
    Participant

Let us know what your Doctor has to say about this.  I agree the sauna would be the cheaper alternative.  Sorry it is not helping.  JoAnn

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Good afternoon!

Maybe this question has already been asked and i didnt see it, I have a picc line in my arm and I have used my infrared sauna before i had my picc line but is it ok to use the sauna if you have a picc line? Is it safe ? Should i cover it with my press n seal like i do when i shower?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘ Update on the Infrared Sauna use’ is closed to new replies.