Home Forums General Discussion Under Our Skin – Please Go!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Parisa
    Participant

Here is some info posted from Under Our Skin website about this weekend's showings.  They have received some great reviews but aren't getting enough attendance.   I'm not surprised as I spend all of the weekend looking for any information on Lymenet about the movie and couldn't find anything.  Here is our golden opportunity and people are waiting for someone to do something about it.  (Really frustrated here, if you can tell.)  Anyway, now that I've gotten that out of my system – Please go to one of the showings (or more) and take friends.

http://www.underourskin.com/news.html

Three days after the theatrical release of UNDER OUR SKIN, enthusiastic reviews are accumulating. Stephen Holden, top film critic at the The New York Times called it ?heart-rending? and an ?inflammatory documentary [that] takes aim at the medical establishment.? Here is a sampling of other reviews:

?Head-spinning?riveting?a rigorously researched and highly thorough piece of investigative reporting.?
    – Lauren Wissot, Slant Magazine

?[A] dizzying and dramatic documentary?handsomely reported and photographed.?
    -Andrew O?Hehir, Salon

?Infectiously persuasive?targets both the heart and brain.?
    – Sarah Sluis, Hollywood Reporter

?A scary expose [and] damning indictment of the broken health care system.?
    – Kam Williams, NewsBlaze

?A powerful film and cautionary tale?.as significant an indictment of American medical practices as Michael Moore?s SICKO.
    – Curt Schleier, Film SoundOff

?Compelling?makes a very convincing case [about] one of the greatest medical failures of all time.?
    – Matthew Lucas, From The Front Row

?A vital, insightful, brave and moving documentary that will wake you up and shake you up.?
    – Avi Offer, NYC Movie Guru

While press coverage and positive reviews have been abundant, box-office returns have not fared as well. We need to take the film and the issue from Lyme Street to Main Street, and the best way to make this happen is to fill seats in theaters. Otherwise, the movie won?t open in successive markets and have the opportunity to spread awareness beyond the Lyme community. Even if you?ve seen the film, we?re calling on you to make it to the theater or buy advance tickets. Make your voice heard through the box-office!

Tickets are still on sale in New York, and now on sale for Los Angeles, San Diego, Washington, Santa Cruz, and other cities.

Parisa
    Participant

For the many people who won't be able to attend due to distance or conflicts, please consider buying tickets online as the numbers sold affect how long it lasts in theatres.

Here's a listing for San Diego:

http://www.fandango.com/gaslampstadium_aaeet/theaterpage

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Under Our Skin – Please Go!!!’ is closed to new replies.