Home Forums General Discussion Trying to work through my herx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    klogan
    Participant

Since February, I have experienced what is either a big herx with a reaction to mino, or a big progression of the disease. (Been on abx 10 months). I cut back to no abx for a couple of weeks and saw only a very very slow incomplete improvement). Now I'm on 50mg doxy MWF, prednisone (5mg 4days/week). and 1-2 aleve a day. Still lots of pain cycling through my joints.

Here's my thinking. I'm going to assume that the problem is either a herx or yeast.  So here's my plan:

1. Go off the abx for a week (or two) see if anything changes. Stay on the prednisone and aleve, if needed. If that yeilds an improvement, I'll start up on 25mg doxy.
      [/*:1animun4]
    2. If there's no change there, I'll try caprol with bentonite and psyllium and continue vigilant about my anti-yeast diet and probiotics.[/*:1animun4]

I could ask my rhuemy about this plan, but he doesn't really believe in herxes or yeast, and I don't have any doctor-approved yeast symptoms. So I am going to the font of all knowledge – the RBF bulletin board!

What do you think? My last plan was to fast, but I can't do that on aleve and prednisone, so that's a desperate attempt for later. I did clean up my diet radically (no wheat, dairy, beans, nightshades, or sugar).

Thanks to all,
    klogan

Jennhere
    Participant

I don't know… a doctor who doesn't believe in herxes or yeast sounds like a quack to me.  Can you switch docs?

Also, going on or off ap for a week or two shouldn't cause big changes.  It's a slow, steady king of thing.  Not like when you take Rolaids and the gas goes away.  You know? 

So, I think you may be taking the pills thinking that with each pill, a noticable response will occur. 

A new doctor seems in order, though… for sure.

Jenn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Trying to work through my herx’ is closed to new replies.