Home Forums General Discussion trying a high dose

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

That is very interesting. I am glad you have him as a contact person. I wonder if his wife is still taking the antibiotics while in remission? I am glad you have a steam shower. It will help you through the winter. I am enjoying my sauna immensely. It feels so good! It is also great to see sweat. I picture toxins just leaving! I have an appointment with a chiropractor that comes highly recommended on Oct. 22. She assesses people for bio toxins, mold, and Lyme, I wish she could take me sooner! Please give us an update soon.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

The chiropractor sounds great!

The man’s wife stopped the mino after 6 months remission, then last month had a little pain in one of her fingers. She began AP again immediately and the pain was gone within days. Not sure how long she’ll stay on it, but they both seem certain that getting it in check again was no big deal. They are so optimistic and want to share their story with anyone they can. But, they were cautious to tell me everyone is different and AP doesn’t work for everyone. He had not heard of the book RA Infection Connection by Poehlmann, so he was excited to learn about it and read it.
    Keep up with me on how your doing and dosing changes if you can.
    I think about you and pray for you.

Spiffy

Thank you for the prayers. I am smiling because I pray for you, too. Isn’t that neat! Thanks again for sharing this great story. They will enjoy reading that book. I may have asked you this before….but, how did Plaquenil affect you?

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

It made me nauseous. I got infections often, and didn’t get any relief. However, I met a guy who has the type of RA that affects the lungs (wonder if he means scleroderma? He swore he has RA, whatever) and it works for him.

Spiffy

Unfortunately, RA can and does affect the lungs and other internal organs. Sometimes, it actually can attack the lungs first. This is uncommon, but not impossible. I am glad he is doing well. Plaquenil either seems to be very effective for people or the complete opposite. I am holding off for now. Have a great day! Blessings!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

Wow. Interesting. He said it started in the lungs and was extremely severe. After a few ER visits where he could barely breathe, they diagnosed it and put him on the Malaria drug (Plaquenil). Now he’s completely fine.

Spiffy

Wow! I am so glad he found something that will work for him. Please keep me posted on your progress!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Airen
    Participant

Curious how the high dose is going? Any updates? I am considering increasing as well!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Spiffy

Hi, guys! I just want to check in and get updates from you all. My body does not mind the two Minos on Mon Wed Friday. It does seem maybe my mouth is drier but gets more normal on the weekend. Could just be in my head. But Mino can cause mouth dryness. It is barely noticeable. I will see a chiropractor Thursday. Cannot wait. I just got all my labs in a three ring binder with notes and stuff. Hard to believe the size seeing it is only about 10 months worth.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.