Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Totally New and not yet diagnosed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    womenintec
    Participant

Hi. Oh you all have my favorite font, how cool.

I am a 58 year old woman (yup, with a boy's name). I have relapsing remitting MS and have had it for 15 years or so.

Three months ago I had some pain in the tops of my thighs which came and went. Then I had pain in my collarbone and glands. Tested, nothing wrong, thank heavens.

Then all of a sudden one morning I could not make a fist. It was like my body went crazy. Went to the internist who did blood work. My RA factor is negative (but I have read that 20% of people this is negative) but my C reactive protein was very high.

I do not have an appointment with a rheumatologist (there are only two in my county) until December 3rd. My internist who thought this was all my MS (it is not) thinks it may be lupus.

My internist doesn't want me to take any advil or excedrin or anything until I see my new doctor. I don't buy into this though I know the reason and do take something from time to time. I also take now joint and omega 3. (A friend of mine has RA).

So, I am waiting. But meanwhile I am reading stuff and contacting people.

About my life–I am retired, and a new artist (for three years with one honorable mention so far, yippee). However, my husband has recurrent stage iv colon cancer and his treatment is not working. He, grr, asked his doctor how long, and his doc, double grr, said one year.

We are owned by two golden retrievers, one Siamese, one tabby. I garden. And I have bought paint brushes that help me to paint when I can't hold a brush well.

Look forward to reading and learning more.

Tommy (Am I allowed to put my blog below, it isn't about arthritis.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.