Home Forums General Discussion Tooth question

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

Hopefully this is just one of those freaky things that come and go. However, just want to ask this ahead of time. If I am not mistaken the pain came from around a tooth that has had a root canal. So the only help if the pain continues would be to pull it. I take minocyclene MWF 100 milligrams. If anyone has had a tooth pulled, did you stay on your regular AP protocol? Did your AP doc add to your existing protocol? Then you have to decide to get an implant or a bridge. How do AP people feel about implants made with titanium? I would appreciate anyone telling me their own success story or words of wisdom. Hopefully things will settle down. But I need to know what I am doing quickly if needed. Thank you.
    As much as I would hate to have a foreign post in my mouth and have to go through an implant getting placed I think I would enjoy an implant more through the years rather than a bridge. Is this a big AP no no? Of course I trust my AP doctor to work with my dentist but I also trust your personal experiences.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Spiffy1

I know I may hear back from someone after the weekend. I am really upset about this. I could not go to sleep until after 5:30 am this morning. I know where I am headed if I can’t get a hold of my situation. I did this to myself from clenching my teeth.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin

mary77
    Participant

I understand your concern and worry over this issue. I had a dental implant placed in November, 2015. I did this after doing a LOT of research about implants. I thought that when they told you a titanium implant was PURE titanium, they meant it. Unfortunately, I am highly allergic to nickel. Within 5 days of the implant being placed, I was developing arthritis in areas never previously affected. I became very concerned, so did more research. All titanium has a very small amount of nickel. I wasn’t told this, or I would have decided for a bridge…or a zirconium implant. I decided to have the implant removed and a bridge put in place. Within a day of the implant removal, I was feeling better.

I realize we are all different in our responses to most everything. You might be just fine with a titanium implant. But I thought I would share my story, as you are asking for any information about this subject. I actually don’t mind caring for the bridge. It was a better option for me.

I wish you luck in your decision.

Airen
    Participant

I had a root canal tooth pulled and paid $500 for a bridge. I couldn’t afford the implant. Luckily the tooth was far in the back of my mouth so no one could ever see. I have not used the bridge once so it was a complete waste. I did already have RA at this point but had not begun AP yet. I was happy to get rid of the infected tooth in case it was a source of my RA. It did not make any pain go away by removing the tooth. If I had to have one pulled that was more visible I would have considered an implant but a bridge is so much less expensive. So sorry you are worried. Good luck.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

Spiffy1

Thank you so much sweet friends for your words of encouragement and stories. I really do appreciate it. I will keep you posted. (No pun intended.) I will study zirconium. This is just the kind of information I need. Thank you both.

Spiffy1

http://www.ceraroot.com/patients/zirconia-vs-titanium/

This was very interesting. Thank you. I just wonder if all dentists could have access to zirconia.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Spiffy,

I have 4 titanium implants and they worked out okay for me. I’d rather those than an infected tooth and I don’t do well with bridges….hate that they have to anchor it to adjacent tooth and then having to clean under it. I actually had bridged molars that were implants and got my new dentist to remove the bridge and create two separate crowns. It was a nightmare having food getting stuck under them and using dental threaders after every meal to clean around and under it – defeated the object of having implants! It fixed the problem and loving them now.

Was told that they don’t commonly use zirconium in US yet for implants and if any dentists do, they’re rare. I’d have preferred these to metal, but what can you do, if unavailable? I asked my dentist to prescribe oral clindamycin at the time, which meant I didn’t have to stop my tetra, as they go okay together. If worried about gut, I figured I could just stop my tetra for the duration (7-10 days) and just increase probiotics.

They usually wait 3-6 months after removal and place a bone graft (bovine or human – I’ve had both) to let bone fill in and ensure there is no infection left behind, before placing implant. Once implant is seated, they usually wait another 3-6 months for it to cement into the bone before placing the crown….takes up to a year from extraction to crown placement, but depends on healing times. The hardest part is the extraction, because when they drill into the bone for the implant, bone has no nerves to cause pain (just the gum area). I just took 2 Advil right after the procedure to place the implant and nothing else after that.

Spiffy1

Oh thank you for your knowledgeable answers. I had a special x Ray yesterday to look at that tooth. My dentist said that it looks like the endodontist did not completely clean out one of the roots. It happens to be the root that has the pin in it. He checked my x rays from two years ago. I had them done during my flare to see if they could be the problem. He said the new x rays show progression of slight trouble. I did not let him bang on it because I am working backstage for the Moscow Nutcracker with about 50 children all afternoon tomorrow. I did not want to make it worse. I guess I will consult with the endodontist but I have studied all this enough to know that in the end the tooth will probably have to go. I guess if he said that he could try to go in clean out that one root and just fill it back in without having to do a crown build up and new crown I might would try it. But I feel like I am just adding to the cost and the time in the chair. This root canal is 18 years old. Maz it is very encouraging to me that you have been through all that dental work and are basically happy with it. You know what I worry about. My immune system going nuts due to the stress alone. Much less leaving a tooth in there that needs to come out, or stirring up stuff in the removal process. Also I am so sensitive to fillers. I am assuming I would have to go to my compounding pharmacist for the clindamyacin. I am just really sad that this came up the day after my daughter got home from college. But that is life! But I do know I would have to try an implant as opposed to a bridge. I just cannot see disturbing more teeth than necessary. Besides my two root canal teeth happen to be side by side. It is just a matter of time before that one goes. Maz did you have all this work done after your RA diagnosis or before? Also my mom did not have to have bovine or human tissue because her dentist took her own blood and spun it out and injected it into her bone. I have no idea how that works but she has done it several times and it has worked like a charm. I am just so afraid that I will somehow develop an anti CCP which has always been negative. But hey autoimmune is not for sissies. So I just got to stay tough. My appointment is Monday at 8:15.

June3443
    Participant

My advice is get rid of that tooth with root canal. I had one that had a reoccurring infection for about 18 years. Last year I finally had it out and got dental implants for my bridge. So far I have had no problems. Read the research by Dr. meinig on root canals.

Spiffy1

Oh yeah. I am very aware of what I am dealing with. The endodontist could not find anything wrong. I had several x rays plus a cat scan of my entire jaw area. Overkill if you ask me. That is the last time I will do that. All he could see is that it looks like an old crown and to try to replace it with a temporary before coming back to see him. The weird thing is though that a tooth with a crown on it looks pure white on an x ray. I think I have cracked it and it is not showing up yet. I am holding out until after I travel about 30 hours round trip around January 13th. I am not going to upset the Apple cart. My pains are pretty much low level but I cannot chew anything on that side. I will keep you posted. I feel this tooth is on its way out. It might as well make other people a lot of money before it goes.

Spiffy1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12175115/

Just one of many but I found it interesting because his RA factor went negative. Usually the teeth are associated with the anti CCP.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.