Home Forums General Discussion TODAY: Brooke Landau On Dr. Phil re Lyme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Parisa
    Participant

Brooke Landau, Emmy Award Winner Weathercaster with the CW Network in San
    Diego will appear on the Dr. Phil Show, along with Dr. Bhakta on Friday,
    April 13th. Brooke shares her 17 year battle with Lyme Disease. Brooke went
    to bed fine one day, and woke up unable to move from the waist down. She
    overcame that battle and today she continues to fight and survive. Brooke’s
    survival story has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America,
    Fox News, ABC, Discovery Health, Mystery ER, CW Network…and now the Dr.
    Phil Show.

Brooke says she continues to speak out for those who can’t

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks, Parisa….DVR is set to record the show. πŸ™‚

Here is a link to watch a preview of the show for anyone interested:

http://lymedisease.org/news/lyme_disease_views/dr-phil-lyme-preview.html

matv
    Participant

It states thatba member of the IDSA will be on the show as well. I dislike Dr. Phil but this certainly is an episode I can’t miss.

Thanks for making us all aware. πŸ™‚

Parisa
    Participant

You can find which station is carrying it in the US and Canada on the local listing here:

http://www.drphil.com/shows/listing/

matv
    Participant

I’m trying to watch the Lyme disease Dr. Phil episode, and now I get an episode about abusive parents. While that’s a very important issue, its not what the cable box’s guide says: A former model claims she’s suffering from Lyme disease which some believe she’s faking.

This is the 11am est showing on the channel WSBK. Rogers channel 343.

Anyone else getting this same problem? I know most listings have it set at 3pm. Maybe Rogers got the guide info wrong. The episode title is supposed to be “Deadly Consequences”

I’m getting a bad feeling about this.

kater
    Participant

The kids tried to program the pvr for me (cause I don’t know how πŸ˜† ) so I could watch it but we were unable to find that episode either–maybe it is a Canadian thing??
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Maz
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear you Canucks are having trouble locating the episode. I’m wondering if it may be available on streaming archived video later…we’ll have to watch for that. I found it on my cable by running a search on the “menu” option on my remote, if that helps anyone.

Here is a link to Dr.Phil talking after to the show with his execs and discussing what he felt was a major component that they missed out on discussing in the show…basically, that those in charge of determining treatment guidelines for Lyme and insurance companies have a serious conflict of interest in ensuring that “chronic Lyme” is not acknowledged, as billions of dollars for treatment costs are being saved that must come out of patient pockets. Hallelujah! You can watch this post-show discussion here – just click on Dr. Phil Uncensored – “Deadly Consequences”:

http://www.drphil.com/uncut/page/uncensored/

matv
    Participant

I’m still hoping it will be on at 3pm on CTV. That was an extremely astute thought that they really should have mentioned on the show itself.

I’ll check back later if Im able to find the actual show πŸ™‚ I’m sure there will be a post-broadcast of it somewhere.

Thanks Maz. πŸ™‚ I’ll respond to your message later, too!

EDIT:

Its on. CTV at 3pm. It seems the earlier showing was a mistake on Rogers’ part.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I saw the program this afternoon.It was well done and I sure have to give credit to that lady doctor who stood her ground re Lyme.They even mentioned the movie Under our Skin. a couple times.I hope people get to watch it.Nice to know Dr. Phil is on our side.
    Lynne

Parisa
    Participant

Nice to get some coverage howeverI wish they had spent more time on Brooke and Dr. Phil’s staff member and less time on the model. People have too hard of a time identifying with someone who has seizures and neurological issues leading too many to think they’re kooks. I met Dr. Bhakta at one of our local Lyme support meetings and was very impressed. She really knows her stuff. I wish they would have let her talk more too.

matv
    Participant

If anyone missed the Lyme segment, you can find it on YouTube (for now). Search up “Lyme Show 1 of 3” ..

For those interested in reading the comments of the show in the forum Dr. Phil said would explode, the link is here. With additional digging you can find the resources used for the show as well as the documentary “under our skin” (which I have yet to watch)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.