Home Forums General Discussion This therapy works! 6-month update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mariemcminn
    Participant

After six months on AP, I can share with conviction that this therapy works ❗ I’m telling everyone I know about the antibiotic protocol.

I continue to improve. My right knee has not swelled in over two months (it was chronically, intermittently swollen for nine months), and my right wrist continues to get better, even though it still hurts to rotate it. On June 1, I could actually run without pain in my right knee, which has not been the case since 2005. I actually did a jig in the street, in front of all my neighbors, to celebrate. 🙂 I also have virtually no pain in my feet, which had also been chronic and intermittent. I can hike again! 😀 My right elbow is almost straight and continues to improve. 😉 My appetite is returning, so I’m eating better and able to do strength training to restore much of my lost muscle strength. I’m still a warrior when it comes to cardiovascular workouts and can return to the hikes I enjoyed regularly before I was diagnosed with RA in 2005. My goal is to hike Pikes’s Peak again (for the 6th time) at the end of this summer.

On May 23 I visited an integrative medicine doctor who added Naltrexone 3 mg and some homeopathics (Syntrion SyCirque and SanPharma Firmus), both of which are supposed to up-regulate the immune system. I returned to this doc on June 16, and he started tapering me off Plaquanil, so I’m now on 100 mg BID. He’ll cut me back again in 2 months if all goes well. I’m continuing with diet recommendations and the Minocen 100 mg MWF. I am the energizer bunny once again!

Maz
    Keymaster

@mariemcminn wrote:

After six months on AP, I can share with conviction that this therapy works ❗ I’m telling everyone I know about the antibiotic protocol.

I actually did a jig in the street, in front of all my neighbors, to celebrate. 🙂

Marie, this is such fantastic news and I’m doing a jig to celebrate your improvements, too! 😀 I’m putting it out there for you that in another 6 months, you will be in complete remission. Please come back and share your progress when you can – we’ll all be rooting for you.

Joe RA
    Participant

Don’t you just love it, when a plan comes together ❗ 😛 😀 😆 Good news like this makes us all happy. Now you can just keep going
    with your plan, the big R will be there shortly.
    ➡ ➡ ➡ ➡ ➡
    The best to all ….Joe RA….

yeay ! 😀 😀 😀 , so happy for you, thats really good to hear 😀 , and so encouraging..all the best for the future ..kind regsrds ..di.

Pauyen
    Participant

Fantastic news, congrats! 😀

Krys
    Participant

Wow, what lovely news!!!! I feel like dancing out of joy myself, reading about your great improvement. It will be wonderful to hear about your full remission in the near future! Krys

Valsmum
    Participant

Congratulations! Your news is very encouraging and I am so happy for you. I love to see someone enjoying the activities they use to enjoy. Great job!!
    Take care !
    Sheri

Blondie283
    Participant

Congrats! I am 4 months into mine, and seeing great results also! 80% of my pain is gone also. I am now taking Doxy 4x a week and Vitamin IV’s 2x a month. Soo glad I found this treatment! Can’t imagine where I’d be today if this wasn’t available. 😎

Maz
    Keymaster

@Blondie283 wrote:

Congrats! I am 4 months into mine, and seeing great results also! 80% of my pain is gone also. I am now taking Doxy 4x a week and Vitamin IV’s 2x a month. Soo glad I found this treatment! Can’t imagine where I’d be today if this wasn’t available. 😎

YAY! Way to go, Carol! 😀 Don’t forget, we’d love your testimonial when you feel comfortably in remission!

skid
    Participant

It gives everyone else hope. I’m new to this whole AP and it seems all very daunting and confusing for a newbee. Between diets and finding a doctor that can give the right advice on this alternate treatment it’s hard to know where to start.

Parisa
    Participant

Skid,

It’s a process. Not everything has to be started overnight. Break everything into bits. Eventually you’ll get there.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

skid – I remember how overwhelming lots of all this seemed to me when I began, especially the blinkered approach of many conventional docs and I could not understand why. The “light” went on for me as soon as I read The New Arthritis Breakthrough, it made such utter sense and I couldnt understand the approach of simply treating symptoms and accepting that there is no cause.

There seems to be alot to consider in all this – and, indeed there is. We all respond differently and treatment often requires adjusting and tweaking along the way. But, as the Chinese proverb states ‘ a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step’. So I totally agree with Parisa, not everything needs to be done at once – in fact it cant be.

Educating yourself as you go will be the most valuable thing you can do for yourself, so that you become the CEO of your own health care and you start to search out and find the right people to help you as you go. Many of us who have walked this road have gradually learned to fire those docs who are unhelpful and simply get in the way 😉 and to gather expertise around us that supports us in getting well.

The Scammell book, our main site (click on header above to access) the FAQs at http://www.rheumatic.org and the links that Dragonslayer gave you are great places to start. You might also want to type ‘ankylosing’ into the search box at the top of the front page of the Discussion Forum and lost of past discussion on AS will come up.

I’ve sent you some info and the docs list. Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you. And do call in here, it’s a great place for wisdom and support. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Skid,
    Welcome to Roadback, I agree that sometimes it can seem like a lot. The easiest thing to do is one thing at a time, make a list and check off everything one at a time. When I see that a lot of people here feel better within 6months to a year and some reach remission, it kees me going. I feel I have a ways to go, but I look back at where I started and I am so much better than I use to be, and I tried some of the conventional medicine and it only helped me a little. My knees swelling subsided but I still had pain in my hips and back, so for me after trying the conventional way and not feeling back to my old self, I decided to try this route and it seems more promising and hopeful for me. I was so happy the day my rheumy said “I don”t think there is anyting else I can do for you.” I am looking forward to getting my life back, so much changed after my diagnosis.
    I hope the best of health for you.
    Take care,
    Sheri

skid
    Participant

It is good to hear good news stories. I think staying positive is half the battle. Thanks guys for your support and advice.

Maz
    Keymaster

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

But, as the Chinese proverb states ‘ a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step’.

Educating yourself as you go will be the most valuable thing you can do for yourself, so that you become the CEO of your own health care and you start to search out and find the right people to help you as you go.

Really great way of putting it, Lynnie! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.