Home Forums General Discussion Thinking of adding LDN to my bag of tricks…

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Woods1977
    Participant

@JohnnyMax wrote:

Hi,

I plan on starting the LDN this weekend, have heard so many good things through the years, that have to give it a try. I have spoken to Dr Skip the pharmacist and he gave me a good plan on dosing. Hoping for the best.

John

Hi John…Please keep me posted on your progress… but all in all, I might take my first dose tonight before bed. Good luck!

Woods1977
    Participant

@cavalier wrote:

LDN also helped to lower inflammation for me as well as it was the only thing I had done differently. anything that can help contribute to that is a good thing. I don’t know if it does this for everyone or not so I d/n mention it.

best – Jill

Thanks for sharing this… I’m feeling hopeful. I think LDN might be a really good “tool” for me to use while I’ll get my AP issues figured out.

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi John,
    @JohnnyMax wrote:

I plan on starting the LDN this weekend, have heard so many good things through the years, that have to give it a try. I have spoken to Dr Skip the pharmacist and he gave me a good plan on dosing.

What did he suggest?

Phil

Phil,

My circumstances are a bit different being that I have been on oxycodone and tramadol for my back injury. The oxy I had to cut out about 2 weeks ago so it will clear my system, but luckily, despite what it says on the LDN site, I will be able to continue the use of tramadol. He said many user are doing so and having good results, but I may have to experiment a bit more with dosing and go higher than the 4.5 mg max usually recommended if I do not feel the lower dose making an impact.

John

JohnnyMax
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

@JohnnyMax wrote:

Hi,

I plan on starting the LDN this weekend, have heard so many good things through the years, that have to give it a try. I have spoken to Dr Skip the pharmacist and he gave me a good plan on dosing. Hoping for the best.

John

Hi John…Please keep me posted on your progress… but all in all, I might take my first dose tonight before bed. Good luck!

Yes, definitely will update you guys with any progress or lack of as it goes. Looking forward to hearing your experiences also. Good Luck tonight!

John

cavalier
    Participant

John I have personally taken Tramadol only a few times as it was the only pain killer I could take without one wiping out the other. Some say other pain pills lowers the effectiveness of the LDN others say LDN lowers the effectiveness of the pain killers but it should not give a bad reaction just more ineffective. I took dilaudin spelling by IV when I had the small bowel obstruction – they knew about LDN they called the pharmacist on duty however later I was told it could make the small bowel constrict more as pain killers are not used when you have this I don’t know but I was able to take that too.
    I had no issue taking my usual dose of LDN with Tramadol & I can take aspirin & I can take cyclobenzaprine as a muscle relaxer if my back is tight. I dunno if that helps but that is my personal experience & I do trust what Skip has to offer – I didn’t with Lyme & SD titrate up slowly but my doc who RXed it for me & me felt if I had a problem we could back down I got a lot of bang doing so & I was glad i was not waiting as I had really bad raynaulds at the time & man it helped that.

I am not into remission but it did lower that too a little by numbers anyways I do feel I would be & was worse off without it but please be careful in not going solely with LDN for your disease but it’s def. a must have for me not everyone feels that way but some people if they have a hard time adjusting sort of like AP people can stop sometimes too soon sometimes the body adjusts with a bit more time others may have had a issue but it’s a tolerable one in my opinion if they dream I’ve had some pretty bad nightmares without LDN so I felt OK – I dreamt more but I never had a bad one with LDN but to me the inflammation & other bad things I deal with awake are more of a worse nightmare if you get my meaning.

Jill

Woods1977
    Participant

My experience with LDN
    Thursday, July 25

I decided to bite the bullet and try LDN on Thursday night; I

Anonymous
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

My experience with LDN
    Thursday, July 25

I decided to bite the bullet and try LDN on Thursday night; I

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi Friends

PhilC
    Participant

@Woods1977 wrote:

In the beginning I found it to have some definite

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Woods1977
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

@Woods1977 wrote:

In the beginning I found it to have some definite

gratefulgirl
    Participant

Hi Woods, I’m similar to those above who’ve had success with LDN. I weigh 104 @ 5′ 3″ & started at 4.5 mg nightly. The several times I forgot my dose, usually on a trip somewhere, my body paid the price the next day. I think it’s going to be a lifetime need for me, same as my low dose Minocycline.

My RA labs continue to be negative & I take no NSAIDS, just Nyloxin spray xtra strength every three hours x 5 sprays, the gel as needed, LOVE Earthing at night on my earthing sheet & during day on my universal mat, lots of stretching exercises for all joints to maintain flexibility and Reiki which I do myself every am! That’s about it. I see the most improvement daily since starting the Earthing ( which I found about on this amazing forum!!!!!). My nodules have just about disappeared, too.

Big hugs for you on your journey & sending healing energy your way!!! GG

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.