Home Forums General Discussion The pH Miracle

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    richie
    Participant

Lemon is acidic to the stomach and alkalising to the body –After its metabolized its alkaline –But going down its definitely acidic to the stomach –not good for a person with SD who has reflux —
    richie

richie
    Participant

To Notabene —-glad to see that your scleroderma is is doing well–Always bear in mind that IMO the most important ingredient to you getting better is the minocycline and the procardia for Raynauds –everything else is a distant second in contributing to your recovery —
    richie

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Notabene-

Your avocado recipe sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

Jan Lucinda

notabene
    Participant

Richie – Quite agree that mino and procardia (also clindamycin) are key. But healthy eating and exercise habits round out the sense of well-bring. I’ve always been interested in publications and practices re: nutrition, following the lead of my mother the nutritionist. I was pleased and amused to see Dr. S’s description of me as “well-nourished.” [Not meaning overweight, since I am slightly underweight, definitely so by US standards.] Not quite sure why you made that comment.

The olive oil in the lemon-oil detox drink should reduce the effects of the acid for people who have reflux problems. I’m fortunate not to have the problem.

JanLucinda – I guarantee that it will become a regular! I also put avocado in salads – it makes for a pleasant creamy texture.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Dr. Young says to avoid the wrong fats like margarine, butter and almost all animal fats and instead use good oils like olive, flax seed and grape seed. Does anyone do that?

A Friend
    Participant

@notabene wrote:

Thanks to everyone for a very interesting thread.
    ….Amazingly, I’ve lost my taste for sweets; verdict sealed by reading that bacteria love sugar.

Our new favorite summer recipe is grilled bread with an avocado spread. Just mash the avocados (although you could just slice them), add olive oil (I like garlic olive oil with this) and add salt to taste. Simply addictive and healthy too. An indoor variant would be to toast the bread (we use whole wheat with lots of seeds). I should add that the bread is acidic, but would hopefully be counteracted by the neutral olive oil and the alkaline avocado….

Notabene, All… While reading msgs in my Inbox this am, my curiosity took me to another link about avocadoes… which took me to opportunities to click on several other links/places on subjects important to my family. Thought those of you who were interested in this avocado info thread, might also like this further information. (It also led me to important info on heart disease… especially healthier HDL cholesterol, etc… which I’m lucky to have, but some of my family have serious heart history and their HDL is much too low:

The following link and

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Thanks, A Friend.

I found a bakery that makes sugar free items, including pumpkin pie if interested http://www.chatilasbakery.com

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Still eating alkaline foods.

A Friend
    Participant

@Jan Lucinda1 wrote:

A Friend-

The body-detox-info.com article says citric acid fruits, lemon, lime, grapefruit, become alkaline in the body. I think other fruits which are high in sugar remain acid.

I like avocado by itself! Tastes good to me!!

kali-

Dr. Young advises against spirulina and chlorella- algae, says they have toxins. He prefers organic broccoli.

Kali,
    I explored the acid/alkaline books and articles a number of years ago when I abruptly learned how acidic my body was. I was almost indignant! Because… I thought my diet was about as healthy as I could get it. What I didn’t realize was that hidden infections (lingering, hidden ones, that our body sometimes is said to be able to wall off, can still be there and their toxins still making us very acidic. The thing that prompted me to find the “reason” for the chronic pain I had developed in my body and bones is tied back to my reports my then-AP-physician had done. He said the reports were normal. I KNEW something was wrong with the reports or with what was tested. He told me to come back in 3 months. I thought to myself, “there is no way on God’s green earth I will do nothing for 3 months. So, I called a local Naturopathic Physician who had given programs for our support group (and who I knew well) and told her my plight/dilemma — and I asked her if she had any recommendations. She paused a few moments, then asked me if I had tested my pH. I had never done this before, and told her that. She suggested I get some pH strips and see if perhaps that might be the reason for my terrible fascia and bone pain. It was!!! And I was acidic as the pH strips could measure. After reading everything I could find (and purchased Young’s book, but several others. There was not much wrong with my diet, but I had some ongoing infections that were hidden, but the unfriendly organisms had set up widespread housekeeping, apparently, and their presence and activities were the cause of the pain all over my body.

I called my AP-physician and told him what I learned about my acidic pH. He said he did not think that was my problem… but, if it was, if I would use 1/2 teaspoon of (Arm & Hammer) baking soda mixed in a glass of water, and drink this every waking hour during the day, if it was my pH and I was overly acidic, the pain would probably go away. But, said he did not think that was my problem. After the 1st day, the pain was not gone, but it was definitely better. Same for the 2nd day — by the end of the 2nd day, the fascia pain was almost completely gone, but there was still some bone pain… even though it was not as bad. (I made an “executive-level” decision to do this a 3rd day… and did. At the end of the 3rd day, the bone pain was almost completely gone — and I knew for a fact that the fascia and bone pain were related to my acidic pH.

Some things I had learned during this time of pH study were that Blood Type A’s were more prone to acidity, one reason being that they lack the natural HCL (hydrochloric acid) which helps the body break down and digest meat proteins. If we eat what looks like a healthy diet on paper, it is not healthy for us if our digestive system does not have adequate Hcl to breakdown the foods and use them. The acidic wastes from undigested foods cannot be excreted from our body through the elimination organs if they have not been neutralized first, for to do so would damage our kidneys — and kidneys cannot restore themselves; so acidic wastes in the body that cannot be eliminated end up being stored as far away from major organs as possible — usually in the hands, feet; also, by the body not having enough minerals to perform these feats, the body “borrows” minerals from our bones, etc. with a promise they “can be” paid back. However, if we continue to be acidic, then our bones begin to suffer and develop pain when this has gone on for a long time. [A very unhappy fact for myself: several years before this, my bone density was in the high range of normal. Since my diet had always been good, and I had walked a mile several days a week, I thought this result would continue. However, with the onset of other physical problems, this scenario is “subject to change without our receiving notice.” [Some of you currently may be aware that I learned the cause of this ongoing high acidity: being older (and having four cavitations for many, many years, hidden away that I hadn’t a clue about) together with the aging process, this was a scenario for disaster if I didn’t learn the truth!!! Isn’t it terrible that we liberal arts types have to work so hard to find out what is causing our problems???]

I’m stopping this post now, before I accidentally hit something and lose what I’ve written. Let me know if anything is not clear, or if I left out some information anyone might like to have from myself.

Blessings to you all… and keep the Faith!!! There ARE answers.
    AF

jasregadoo

AF,

Your baking soda treatment, when you say every waking hour, do you mean if you’re awake for 16 hours a day, you do this 16 times during the day? Or do you mean within the hour when you wake up in the morning?

One avocado meal that I like is a toasted bagel with mashed avocado and lemon pepper. I know the gluten free folks here will say no to the bagel, but the lemon pepper is the part I wanted to point out. It’s yummy on avocado.

Hope you’re having a good day,

Julie

A Friend
    Participant

@jasregadoo wrote:

AF,

Your baking soda treatment, when you say every waking hour, do you mean if you’re awake for 16 hours a day, you do this 16 times during the day? Or do you mean within the hour when you wake up in the morning?

One avocado meal that I like is a toasted bagel with mashed avocado and lemon pepper. I know the gluten free folks here will say no to the bagel, but the lemon pepper is the part I wanted to point out. It’s yummy on avocado.

Hope you’re having a good day,

Julie

Julie,
    Use of the baking soda was not intended to be a “treatment”; it was meant to be a 2-day testing period to see if drinking a glass of water “about” every hour (except right before and after meals) with 1/2 teaspoon of soda stirred in relieved our fascia and bone pain. In my case, a normal waking day might usually be about 6 am to 10:00 pm. For someone else, from 7:00 to 11:00. But the bottom line to me is: does drinking the soda water relieve our pain? If so, it seems pretty clear our pain is caused from our body being overly acidic and not able to handle its acid load, if drinking the soda water neutralizes the pain. If we used a pH test strip when our pain had improved, then if pH testing with one of the little strips was used, probably the pH would be more alkaline than it had been before the soda water.

And remember, my fascia and bone pain had become pretty severe, so I chose to continue drinking the soda water an extra day to see if the bone pain would also go away with one more day of soda water. It didn’t go completely away, but hardly felt it the end of the 3rd day. [Something I’d like to add here: It is generally best not to drink soda water too soon before and after eating, for our bodies need the HCL(hydrochloric acid) to help digest our food. My doctor didn’t mention the timing of the soda water before and after eating, but I surmised this as “common sense” from reading done about digestion. We need nutrients from our food, and need the HCl to work the hour after eating.]

AF

jasregadoo

I’m glad you clarified. Here I was wondering why people don’t just drink this concoction every day! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.