Home Forums General Discussion The other "R" word

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

You guys are great and I appreciate your words of encouragement.

Thanks for all the sympathy, but where were you when my husband retired recently? :roll-laugh:  Seriously, that's been a bigger adjustment than going back on antibiotics. :doh:  We keep having conversations about lunch, of all things………I keep saying you're on your own for lunch and he keeps hoping I'm not serious. :roll-laugh:

Hugs…..

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Kimmie;
              Geez girl, maybe you can just blame this on your hubby being home all the time and stressing you out.  hehehe.Really,do you have any brilliant ideas as to why this is happening? My doctor told me I would be on some sort of a Lyme protocol for at least 2 years but likely more.How long were you on it?
        This morning as I popped 4 of my 5 antibiotics I was telling myself that I just could not take this anymore and I am only a couple months into it.The herx makes my neck so sore, I feel like someone is trying to strangle me,eyes are aching and blurred, numbness in the head,hands get stiffish and muscles from the waist down just plain ache. I am finding it harder and harder to kick myself in the butt and get moving , this is the busyest time of year and I don't have 30 seconds to waste .One more show next weekend,flower beds are in serious need of weeding before flowers are choked,the lawn needs airating,the gardens dug and planted and a section of the roof has to be retiled.At this rate I figure I will need two months to do what I normally do in a couple of weeks.Were you feeling anything like this?I am going to stop all meds midweek to be able to make it through the show.If I just take the mino I feel right as rain.
         Wishing you heaps of luck.Now tell me what is your plan of attack.

David C
    Participant

Hi Kim

Just to chime in for a word of encouragement. I'm confident that you can do it again cos you are in absolute control of the disease. That's what I'm trying to learn, to be in control. 😉

David C 

Kim
    Participant

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

Hi Kimmie;
              Geez girl, maybe you can just blame this on your hubby being home all the time and stressing you out.  hehehe.Really,do you have any brilliant ideas as to why this is happening? My doctor told me I would be on some sort of a Lyme protocol for at least 2 years but likely more.How long were you on it?
        This morning as I popped 4 of my 5 antibiotics I was telling myself that I just could not take this anymore and I am only a couple months into it.The herx makes my neck so sore, I feel like someone is trying to strangle me,eyes are aching and blurred, numbness in the head,hands get stiffish and muscles from the waist down just plain ache. I am finding it harder and harder to kick myself in the butt and get moving , this is the busyest time of year and I don't have 30 seconds to waste .One more show next weekend,flower beds are in serious need of weeding before flowers are choked,the lawn needs airating,the gardens dug and planted and a section of the roof has to be retiled.At this rate I figure I will need two months to do what I normally do in a couple of weeks.Were you feeling anything like this?I am going to stop all meds midweek to be able to make it through the show.If I just take the mino I feel right as rain.
         Wishing you heaps of luck.Now tell me what is your plan of attack.

Lynne,

You just described every herx pain I'm having too: very flu-like, horribly sore and stiff neck, vision problems, head pressure, tinnitus, achy everywhere, and fatigue, the mother of all fatigue.  Same thing with the chores.  I have 10 yards of mulch sitting in the driveway that I typically would have spread by now, but every time I spray up and tick-proof myself to work outside, I find after about an hour I'm done.  I used to go 8 hrs, so it's very frustrating.

I left my LLMD's office with probably 10 more abx refills.  We're starting with the Babs protocol which has 4 abx in the series ~ Clindy/Qualaquin together and then Biaxin/Plaquenil together.  This one has really kicked my butt so I know it's stirring things up.  Last time Flagyl kicked my butt, but this time Flagyl was a non-event. 😕

He feels that underlying Strep could have been the reason for the relapse.  I had Strep every single January of my adult life, but the first 5 years on abx, not a single case and very few colds.  This past January I was not on abx and, you guessed it, got Strep and cold after cold.  He wants to bring down the Strep titers, but testing would be worthless while on abx.  After the Babs protocol, he's ordered amoxicillin (but, I may ask him to change it to Moxatag, an extended release amoxicillin).  Then there are 3 or 4 other drug combos on my “to do” list.

Lynne, you might find, as I have, that the standard adult protocol dosing is way too much for you.  I've always done well on smaller doses.  I'm only 5' tall and if I recall, you're a shrimp too. 😉  If you take an abx break you should check and see how long certain drugs stay in your system.  I took a break for a couple of days to travel to my appt and still felt just as bad so I didn't allow enough time for these particular drugs to clear.

Good luck, Lynne…………I soooooooooo feel your pain. :doh:

Take care…..kim

mkbeeliever
    Participant

{{{{{{Kimmie}}}}}
    xxooxxooxxooxxooxx
    You will be in our prayers!
    Love you!
    Michelle & Kathy

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

but where were you when my husband retired recently? :roll-laugh:  Seriously, that's been a bigger adjustment than going back on antibiotics. :doh:  We keep having conversations about lunch, of all things………I keep saying you're on your own for lunch and he keeps hoping I'm not serious. :roll-laugh:

Kim,

:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:  <span style="color: navy]During the weekend when my husband is at home, I feel that way. He keeps chasing me around, asking millions of questions, like a beeezzzzzzeeeeeee buzz. He keeps asking what about lunch, how are you going to fix it, …. I telll him, you are on your own…. what about the kids…. Hahaha…. I cannot imagine what you are going through on daily basis”>

[/color]Glad Dr. C is giving you other abx. It could be some of the bacteria was in hiding when Flagyl was doing its job. Now it's turn to get rid of every one. I also read up Merla's microfilm information. It's really interesting.

JB 

Kim
    Participant

Y'all are too sweet, thanks. :blush:

p.s. JB, thanks for agreeing with me on the lunch debate. :roll-laugh:   Unless it's a fun lunch with friends, I regard lunch as basically a waste of time.  Mine is usually eaten on the fly, takes about 5 minutes, and there is no mess to clean up.  I actually enjoy cooking and do make a nice dinner every night so the boy is not that deprived. :roll-laugh:

kim

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Kim,  I'm coming into this late, but so sorry to hear about your R

(I can't even type it!!)

Babesia is so difficult to eradicate.  My doctor tests me periodically as she fully expects it to reappear, but so far, so good.  It has been 1 yr since we bgan treatment and we stopped last September.

Strep….I had it every year of my childhood and my doctor fully thinks I have it still in my gut but to date, no test to prove it.

I predict your recovery time will be much quicker than before.  Truly, it has to be.  The pathogens must be less in number and you are saavy!!!!  Unlike the first go round when we had to figure everything out.

Prayers and healing thoughts for you my friend! 

Susan

Parisa
    Participant

Kim

I'm sorry to hear that you are relapsing but I'm glad that you are going to keep going after those nasty bugs.  Hopefully if you can get the Babs and strep knocked out you can put this behind you.  I think the fact that you went a year without antibiotics bodes well.

mschmidt
    Participant

Kim,

I'm chiming in late myself, and sorry to hear you've had to re-start the meds.  BUT, you are so far ahead of the game this time around, and you have the determination and discipline to do “whatever it takes” to kick this Babesia.  Your immune system is stronger, and you're attacking this early into the process.  The herxing really stinks, and I'm sorry you're going through that.  At least you know it's working, and new drugs are doing the trick.  Strep, EBV, etc all play into relapse, and by addressing these, there's no reason you can't reach remission again.  😀

Sending you lots of hugs and well wishes!

Maria

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Much love and prayers to you Kim.  Thankfully you have answers quickly at your disposal and I know will get back to remission very quickly.  We are all here for you just as you have been here for us.

— whaleharbor

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Kim
    Participant

Your kind words mean so much.  Thank you, thank you, thank you. 🙂

Take care…..kim

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Kimmie;
         You are right about the heavy doses of antibiotics.Before I was on pediatric dosage and did well with mino/zith.YES I'm a shorty also,5 feet nothing if I pull in my gut and don't slouch. hehehe.I have 2 sister and all our lives we have been fighting over 1/4 inch difference.Strangely our 3 brothers are tall.
          Next time you see your LLMD ask him what he would use if a person could not use anything in the penecillin or sulpha families.I daren't touch these drugs and just wonder what he would use instead.
         Are you getting tiny itchy water blisters at all.I have a few on my tummy and arms that are most annoying.I am going to Mexico next month for my daughter's wedding and would love to have a nice even tan before leaving but the sun seems to make the blisters itch even more.By the way,my crazy goose came home last week and drops by everymorning.Like my brother says,he comes up just short of saying MA I'm home,what's for breakfast.Tomorrow we will surprise him with a bunch of cilanthro,his favorite meal.

Kim
    Participant

The goose is back, what an amazing story! :roll-laugh:

I'm not experiencing the tiny water blisters you are, but I'm using the sauna which I'm sure is helping flush things out.  Sorry, it sounds itchy and miserable. :crying:  I've been working in the yard and am not having any sun sensitivity issues either, but I never did.  It's so nice to be outdoors after a too-long winter.

Good luck with your goose……..would love an updated picture.  Would also love a picture of your name-sake orchid. 🙂

Take care…..kim

maz.aust
    Participant

So sorry to hear you are having a glitch .. but am sure you are hitting it early & hard.  I have no doubt you will get back into remission in no time.  The great B as I call may be difficult to eradicate but you are living proof it is not impossible (you reached remission once I am sure you can do it again) 

I am sure this is just another little hiccup in your journey.

Good Luck,
    Maz – Aust

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘ The other "R" word’ is closed to new replies.