Home Forums General Discussion The Old BB is down

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pip
    Participant

Unless it stops letting you access it once you come here.  Now all I can see is some sort of error message.

Pip

Admin

I am still trying to figure out how to make the “I agree” button point to this location. On an HTML page it would be easy but the old RBF software was written in an obscure language called “ColdFusion”, at one time from Macromedia Inc. Everything I try breaks the old software so it must be time to kick that can down the alley for a professional to pick up on Monday. It should be back up now.

A Friend
    Participant

It's late, but I decided to go to the old RBF BB and see what was going on.  Would you believe…. there was a column of spam there… all by its lonesome!  Was curious also to see if anything would show up by doing a BB search…. nothing left in there… I believe all has moved. 

So, here's a toast to our new home.  May we come to love it just like we loved our last one…

Cheers, everyone! 

Kim
    Participant

Shall we  bow our heads for a moment of silence.

A Friend
    Participant

Admin,

I'm not literate at all about web sites, but is it possible to put a live link on RBF so people can click on it to access the “New RBF Bulletin Board”? 

Admin

It is possible, but we have to wait for an expert in ColdFusion software to make that link. It will be next week sometime.  Until then we will enjoy 2 bulletin boards. Think of it as a break in period for this new BB.

A Friend
    Participant

Admin,

It is true huh?  the saying:  “You can't go home again?” 

Tongue in cheek… we ARE going to love it here.  Old habits die hard, but they die…or wane.  Didn't someone write that it takes about 2 weeks to overcome many habits?  Sounds promising. 

AF

Phebagirl
    Participant

Hi: 

What is the difference between a good haircut and a bad one:

About two weeks.

Pheba.

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Shall we  bow our heads for a moment of silence.

The old BB is not dead it is just in Rehab trying to get over the spam addiction.  After it has recovered it will be here to share the wisdom that the participants have posted over the past few years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ The Old BB is down’ is closed to new replies.