Home Forums General Discussion The "No Nightshades" Diet

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Yes carrie probably depends how bad your pain is but I guarantee those of us in pain do not touch them. The starch and sugars are also best to keep under control. I guess because I was a pretty bad case not diagnosed for years and doing all the wrong things I found out the hard way. I was so relieved to be told what did and did not effect you then at least you can try and see if it helps. i sure do not know whre they get that info from that it does not matter. I only eat rice well washed and no bread. It is hard but I have learnt to love my rice now. At least I can have something Real problem is meat and fish is now so expensive. read meat is also supposed to be inflamatory. White meat is supposed to be best I was told like chicken and fish.

Healer
    Participant

RE: chicken and eggs
    The guy who treats me is firm on chicken and eggs. If RA is in the hands better to “hands off” chicken and eggs…fact he used to say no fin no fowl until I see if I can handle it. I've never been in remission so I do not chance it. I do eat deep cold water fish though (no farmed fish).
    Chicken is known to exacerbate all arthritis and I know of many who have found that to be true.
    He has seen evidence of Flu shots (because of the egg base), being connected to immune diseases. He says many time shots are not “cleaned up” enough especially those times they are pushed to produce it. It is the albumen also.
    He has seen persons flare because of egg in products.
    I hope it is helpful information and not too much of a downer.

Yes I was only speaking to my friends the other day about the egg and vaccination with one of my children. I think they made very big mistakes using eggs and could have caused a lot of problems, not just flue shots
    Too bad about the chicken I have to eat something by the time you remove all the things you cannot eat there is not much left. I know for a fact the bacteria have been causing me the most pain. Proteus mirabilus and the Lyme. Those two in particular..Avoiding starch sugar plus the nightshades is about as much as I can go. The sugar for me includes fruit as well so that only leaves some vegs and meat plus the rice of course. Fungus is making it worse for me being on abx since childhood with no treatment for the fungus then certain drugs causing it as well. I do not think most realise how we are all full of fungus. I am doing everything I can to treat is with various things. As I will always be on the abx it is going to be a constant vigil.

Healer
    Participant

Yes Rosemary….seems there is nothing left to eat. I haven't watched too much on veg. starch. I know I should not eat “pod veggies” but I do, mixed with green beans (organic). Makes it yummy. I can only get frozen organic veggies where I live except broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and I get tired of them. I am not much on only eating raw either. I grew zuchinni squash this summer and have thoroughly enjoyed frying them with onion for a big plate! I do use some sea salt and organic butter.
    I do no eat soups prepared and other stuff because of the use of chicken stock and eggs in things you might not suspect. Makes us unwanted house guests and “out to dinner” friends. We can do it though! 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ The "No Nightshades" Diet’ is closed to new replies.