Home Forums General Discussion The case for daily dosing?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Nan,

My famous line since my diagnosis in Dec, 2007,”I just want to feel normal again”  You sound just like me. You have got to get the pain thing under control.  Try hot baths, maximum aleve, 2 at a time 2 times daily. Get some books like,”The secret” to get your mind focused on healing not on pain. Start convincing yourself that you will lick this. Get some rice type heating packs for the microwave and use them all the time. Get that extra sleep as well. It will make a difference. If you are on prednisone, get your doctor to taper. I found that was the worst part of my treatment and I am so much better without it. I have been doing all of the above since December and it does take the edge off. I too miss the exercise and hate the chubbies I got from the prednisone. I also found just short periods of exercise worked better so I am trying that approach. Insist that your doctor manage this pain. Control the pain, and you can begin to heal. You are in my prayers. By the way, did I say that helped also.

Happy days.

Patti D

Todd WI
    Participant

I asked my AP doc about the case for daily dosing (i.e. what are the advantages over pulsed dosing). His answer was that it provided constant pressure on the bugs.
    He admitted that there were two camps, daily dosing and pulsed dosing, but he didn?t think the two camps were as diametrically opposed as we make them out to be, rather they are similar treatment paths trying to accomplish the same end.

I continue to wade my way through this road back.  For now I?m continuing with the daily dosing.  

Todd

lauram
    Participant

Todd, i asked my AP doc about the two methods and he said pulsing is not effective. He said Ra's an infection and has to be dealt with.

After just over a year, I am still on pulsed, working my way up.  Although better, I still have inflammation. My CRP is 44. 

I think pulsed may be good for some but not all.

Good luck

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘ The case for daily dosing?’ is closed to new replies.