Home Forums General Discussion The ALS-Lyme Disease connection

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Because a relative was recently given a diagnosis of ALS, I’ve been researching the connection between amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and Lyme Disease. Since ALS is currently in the news, I thought I’d post a few links to some of the interesting info I’ve found.

Study: 9 in 10 ALS patients infected with Lyme bacteria

TOUCHED BY LYME: Dr. Dave Martz, who overcame his own ALS death sentence with Lyme treatment, will keynote CALDA conference April 24

Lou Gehrig had a house in Lyme

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Phil;
    This does not surprise me at all.Since discovering that I had Lyme I have been watching people a lot.Did you ever notice that sports that are played outdoors have a lot of sick athletes(golf,football and baseball) but that hockey players have no such problems.
    It sure would be nice to have a study on sick athletes.

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing, Phil. Didn’t know that Lou Gehrig had a place in Lyme, CT, but also agree with Lynne that folks who work and play outdoors tend to have a heavier risk for Lyme.

The connection to neurological disease, like ALS, MS, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s has been known a long time to LLMDs. Sadly, it’s overlooked by the medical mainstream. Here’s a great video of this doc who had ALS speaking about how his Lyme tests were negative and how he got treated anyway and started to turn the disease around:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11878&p=76383&hilit=als#p76383

A movie was made about a girl, called Lori, who had ALS and who died as a result of being refused treatment for Lyme. The movie raises a lot of controversial questions and is called, Under The Eight Ball:

http://undertheeightball.blogspot.com/

Lyme isn’t a new infection…the question is why it’s become so prevalent and virulent today:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/31/lyme-disease-bacteria-tick-fossils_n_5423577.html

Very sorry to hear about your relative, Phil. Dr. M’s clinic in CO is still open and treating ALSers, if you would like this info.

A Friend
    Participant

Phil, All,

Just want to add a link from an older post… that definitely has more meaning to me (and for me) this past year or two. Am rushing. Have had close family member in hospital for quite a while. Just checked the board out of curiousity after reading this thread, and searched and found a link that many of us might benefit from re-reading.

My experiences this past year, plus the restorative surgery I’ve had, give new meaning to posts/links such as this one — especially if I/we read between the lines:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2402&p=21045&hilit=mercola+video+mercury#p21045

Best to all of you. I miss all of you on the Board.

AF

Todd WI
    Participant

Hi Phil,

Waisbren also was trying to connect ALS and Lyme, but his big connection was MS and Lyme.

http://www.waisbrenclinic.com/ALS-MS-lyme-disease.html

There’s a bit more discussion in his book, but not much more, again lots of MS and Lyme discussion. He did talk about two ALS patients that he treated for lyme, his concluding statement in Essay #7 of his book:

“…The results in the two patients in this series who I was prevailed upon to treat were inconclusive (cases 20 and 35). The indicate, if nothing else, that cetriaxone is not a ‘cure-all’.”

Todd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.