Home Forums General Discussion Thank You Maz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Valsmum
    Participant

Dear Maz,

The other day I was looking through old private messages and I saw one that I had written to you. I was newly diagnosed with RA at the time, in so much pain and so confused. You were so warm and helpful and you still are years later. Thank you for your kind words in one of my darkest hours. This week when I go to church I am going to offer my holy hour up for you, as a thank you. If this was an office I would pass around a card and have everyone sign it in thanks. If they want they can say thanks on this thread:)
    Sincerely,
    Sheri

Anonymous
    Participant

Fantastic, you seem to stop taking minocyline now, and doing great!
    Congratulations! Also, as a person who are getting a good advice from Maz, I’m grateful for her thoughtful advice.
    Thanks
    SD

marypart
    Participant

We owe the miracle of my son’s remission to Roadback, and Maz’s words of encouragement led us to the right doctor.

Valsmum
    Participant

Pendol3,
    Thank you 🙂

Valsmum
    Participant

Mary Part,
    I’m glad Maz helped you find a doctor for your son. I am so glad he is in remission, that is great!
    Take care.

Maz
    Keymaster

Sheri, this is so kind of you to say. Thank you! 🙂 I’ve had a busy time of late and just catching up here on the forum, only to find your lovely message. I really appreciate your sentiments and also those of Mary and Pendol3. Thank you!

Volunteering for Road Back was a ball-game changer for me when I first became so unwell with RA/Lyme. In talking with others who approach the foundation here who have been in a similar predicament (or worse) has helped me enormously in so many ways. I see the folks who return many months or years later who successfully achieved remission and have managed to sustain it on AP and this is perpetually uplifting and motivating. I have learned enormous amounts from others that have gone before and newcomers, too, about what it takes to get well again on all levels and have incorporated much of this learning into my own path to wellness. I have met incredibly heroic people who have been much worse off and it’s helped me to keep my issues in perspective. And I learn continually from all the research that is posted here on this amazing, warm forum that is filled with the kind of people I’d feel honored to call my friends.

I’ve done quite a few different jobs in my life, but have to say that volunteering for RBF has been the most fulfilling and heartening, just hearing from the scores of people who get well again. So, it’s me who should be thanking you all. 😉 And, just a shout-out to all past and current volunteers, like Lynnie, Diana, and Cheryl who work tirelessly on a daily basis, as well as RBF’s board of directors, because without these special, truly dedicated people this foundation, intended to keep Dr. Brown’s legacy alive, would simply not exist today.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.