Home Forums General Discussion Teva Unavailable

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    CurlyinNC
    Participant

My pharmacy recently switched me back to Teva minocycline after using Ranbaxy for awhile. I started to notice improvement in my pain and stiffness after a short time back on the Teva. However, the pharmacy gave me the last of their available Teva. I contacted Teva and was told it is not currently being manufactured. After further probing, I was told that Teva has divested itself of the 50, 75, 100 mg capsules to Xydus. Apparently Teva has bought Actavis, and told me that the Actavis should be available.

No one at Xydus answered the phone when the Teva rep attempted to transfer me. Does anyone know if Xydus was already making minocycline? I’m trying to figure out if I tracked down the Xydus, would it be the same formula as the former Teva?

I don’t really understand why you would sell off an existing line of product, and then buy the same line from another maker. Perhaps Actavis had another product that Teva was really interested in?

Can anyone shed any light on this shell game?

Diagnosed with RA 10/2014 with very positive anti-CCP. Rheumatoid factor was negative and continues to be negative.
    Began abx treatment 12/2014.
    Currently taking minocycline 100 mg bid M-F, diclofenac 75 mg as needed, probiotics, various other supplements.

CurlyinNC
    Participant

Sorry, everyone, I believe I misspelled Teva’s minocycline purchaser. It should be Zydus rather than Xydus.

Diagnosed with RA 10/2014 with very positive anti-CCP. Rheumatoid factor was negative and continues to be negative.
    Began abx treatment 12/2014.
    Currently taking minocycline 100 mg bid M-F, diclofenac 75 mg as needed, probiotics, various other supplements.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to verify that at the present time. Here’s another option to consider: You could order Teva-Minocycline from Canada. It’s not the same as the Teva mino that you’ve been taking, but a few of our Canadian members are taking it and they seem to be satisfied.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

kater
    Participant

I have been on Mino for 5 years and doing great. I was initially on name brand briefly until that ended and have been on Canadian Teva ever since. I think it is good–at least has been for me and the price is very reasonable. You can order from Northwest Pharmacy if you are in the US
    cheers
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

Have you tried Par mino tablets? A few years ago I compared Par tablets with Teva capsules, and the Par tablets seemed to be at least as strong as the Teva capsules, if not stronger. I had just started on mino, so I was able to compare them based on the intensity of my “die-off” reactions.

Also, if you liked the Ranbaxy mino that you were on previously, I read elsewhere that Walgreens carries Torrent mino, which is the same thing (same product, new owner).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

NoRAsomeday
    Participant

I’ve had luck with express scrips and torrent capsules but next refill I’m trying par tablets just because of what Ive read and the dues in the capsules

rxahuja@gmail.com
    Participant

Thanks for starting this post. I called Teva, Actavis, and Zydus customer service, finally asking my doc for an Rx for Zydus. Zydus said they’ve been manufacturing generic mino for Teva for some time. I’ve received my Zydus mino and it is the identical maroon and pink capsule as Teva was. Smells and tastes the same, and I notice no difference / interruption in my physiological response after 2 weeks of taking it. Cheers!

richie
    Participant

Hi Exactly what I have spoken about –I do believe Zydus was making for Teva –the part they didnt go into was that Zydus is a subsidiary of Cadila –which is headquartered in India –as I understand it -its produced in India as well –as an aside India produces the vast majority of raw minocycline and then sent to US —I am lucky so far with Torrent which right now is Ranbaxy product !!!Par and Actavis seem like one of the few US made products –where the raw goods comes from is anyones guess —Names dont mean very much anymore its how you are feeling in taking a particular brand !!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a real mess

richie
    Participant

Hi For the moment the Zydus product is actually Tevas supply –the government made Teva divest themselves of about 75 generics in order for them to be allowed to merge with Allergan —so as not to limit competition —all of Tevas inventory went over to Zydus –they will market that under Zydus until they start up producing their own –I ran into that with Torrent who had the Us govt make Ranbaxy keep supplying them until they set up their production and current stocks are used up !!!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi rxahuja
    May I suggest that it’s not really good to have your email address as your username. Whilst you cannot change your username, you can change what you display publicly through your Profile page. Instructions of how to access your profile here: https://www.roadback.org/forums/topic/your-user-profile/

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.