Home Forums General Discussion teeth turning grey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dixiegirl
    Participant

I’v been on mino 100mg, 2x/day for the past month. My RA has steadily improved and I feel awesome!
    But…
    my teeth are turning gray. No skin discoloration, though.

Is this permanent?
    What can I do to avoid it/get rid of it (aside from quitting mino)?
    I don’t want to go backward with my progress on AP, but I don’t want gray teeth for the rest of my life!

Thanks yall!!

kater
    Participant

Hi
    I had this problem when I first started on the mino and it was awful–looked like grey coffee stains all over my teeth. The good news though is that it cleaned off!! It took the hygenist 3 full hours to do it the first time though, and then I started getting my teeth cleaned every 6 weeks. I also take 1000mg of Ester C and k2 as this is supposed to help. Anyway, the problem was severe for the first few months, but it has gotten less and less all the time. I also got a Philips Sonicare toothbrush that I think helps. Now I only need to go for cleanings every 3 months and even then it is just a touch up. It seems to be some sort of surface deposits and not actually in the tooth enamel—at least mine. I do hope the same for you! Hope this is some help to you. I would have chosen grey teeth over quitting AP too but luckily the issue has mostly resolved.
    cheers!
    kate 😀

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

June3443
    Participant

I haven’t had the teeth turning grey but have the skin discoloration. I rinse with peroxide full strength each day after I brush my teeth. It keeps tartar and coffee stains off my teeth. Maybe that has helped my teeth from turning grey. The peroxide makes your teeth feel very clean.

dixiegirl
    Participant

well… good news!!!

I started brushing my teeth with grapefruit seed extract . If I get a stiff metal object, I can gently scrape the black splotches off my teeth after I’ve brushed with GSE and water!

I noticed the splotches are all in the harder-to-brush areas. I think it is just bacterial overgrowth or something. I’m so excited that I can keep taking this amazing minocycline. I’m glad to be able to do anything once again–and have a white smile!! =)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.