Home Forums General Discussion Talk with my doctor…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    zoofie_85
    Participant

Just spoken to my doc , he said he didnt belive in tetra and when he heard that i only took it MWF he just said it had to be a placebo effect that i felt good for a while after starting tetra.?? In the time i started tetra I stoped cellcept, he didnt like that at all

He said I always have good bloodtestes, I always have normal SR (is that the same in america?) the thing is my paaaaaiiin, swollen and rigid!!  he said its going to be hard for me, having a baby.

Im in pain –  again.

It feels hopeless! to not having someone Here in Sweden helping me with this, when my doc doesnt seems to belive in this, then i dont.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

[user=2526]zoofie_85[/user] wrote:

It feels hopeless! to not having someone Here in Sweden helping me with this, when my doc doesnt seems to belive in this, then i dont.

Zoofie – I think many people can relate to your feelings of frustration. With AP, most people who have chosen it will say that it is important to educate yourself as much as possible on this approach and how it works, because many people here have had to fight for their right to choose and to use this therapy as a way of treating their disease. So, our own knowledge and belief in the treatment can help keep us going when things get difficult. 

I feel for you having to try and work all this out by yourself, especially when you are in pain. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

carries
    Participant

Hi! Has your dr done any blood test to confirm that you will have a hard time having babies????

How are your blood tests now? From what I read in the book and on the board…that is normal for tests to raise up during the first year of treatment….just a thought

What a debbie downer your dr is!!!

zoofie_85
    Participant

Noo.. he hasnt done any bloodcontrols, I think he mean that I will have a hard time to Be pregnant and that im going to get sicker during and after the pregnancy :/

I dont know my results of the bloodtests, he say that they are fine! and that my SR is normal as it always is.. But im in pain ,swollen and everything…

yes.. he really took my hopes down…going to meet him in a few weeks

carries
    Participant

Many women feel at their best during pregnancy and go into remission. In fact my one dr told me to get preggo already so that my disease would go into remission. Now, I know that it may take sometime to actually get pregnant….but stay positive about that…it will happen!!!

You maybe in pain due to the reducing of prednisone. I was when I was tapering.

PhilC
    Participant

I think her doctor is probably correct about pregnancy being a bad idea. I did some research on MCTD and pregnancy and came to same conclusion. There's a good chance her disease would get worse, but even worse than that is that her disease would be a danger to the baby. In addition, Lyme Disease is a definite possibility that cannot be ruled out without a thorough examination by a competent LLMD. All of these things together provide ample support for recommending against her attempting to get pregnant at this time.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

zoofie_85
    Participant

jup…. thats what he says, I do remember that he have said that thing Carrie talks about, that I can go into remission.. bur the chance to get worse is bigger.. WHY do they say different???

zoofie_85
    Participant

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

I think her doctor is probably correct about pregnancy being a bad idea. I did some research on MCTD and pregnancy and came to same conclusion. There's a good chance her disease would get worse, but even worse than that is that her disease would be a danger to the baby. In addition, Lyme Disease is a definite possibility that cannot be ruled out without a thorough examination by a competent LLMD. All of these things together provide ample support for recommending against her attempting to get pregnant at this time.

Phil

Ok once and for all, what is Lyme Disease ?? i looked it up in the dicionary and I read in swedish “borrelia” ??? and borrelia I do know what that is but why are we talking about that??? A infection who spreads by ticks? :?:?:?

zoofie_85
    Participant

Ok, I have used google translate so i hoope you can understand what this part is about, i found it on the internet, swedish.. maybe it is formulated strange

I have understand that you can compare pragnancy in mctd with pragnancy in lups.

Well here you go, hope you can understand a little bit of this 🙂

In SLE patients worsen the disease rather general (60-70%) during pregnancy, but symptoms are usually mild and are not bounded by A slight widening of the medication. It is rare that the disease is compounded significantly. If an SLE patient had mild symptoms for at least six months before pregnancy, it is quite unusual that the disease that occur during pregnancy. At about 5 – 15% of patients worsening symptoms after pregnancy. Even if a pregnant SLE patient's prognosis significantly improved in recent decades, has not been the same improvement in the child's prognosis. The risk of fetal loss in SLE patients is still two-to threefold compared with the healthy population. One in four children born prematurely and in 10% of the newborns present severe growth disorder. If the mother suffers from kidney inflammation or hypertension, the disease that occur during pregnancy and phospholipid antibodies may increase the risk of pregnancy complications. The latter antibodies can cause blood clots in the placenta and has therefore been considered to cause the poor prognosis for pregnancy. Treatment with aspirin and heparin to reduce the risk of miscarriage associated with phospholipid antibodies have shown promising results.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Talk with my doctor…’ is closed to new replies.