Home Forums General Discussion Surprise

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

There is a new clinic here in Melbourne. It is called National Institute of Integrative Medicine. They perform different tests and yes, for babesia, Lyme and others. Dr K. who was fighting for his medical licence with anti-Lyme authorities a year ago is there! The tests are made here, they don’t send blood to America or Germany like before, but is costs twice more now. I wonder why. So it looks that everything is about money.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Thanks – we’ve had this clinic on the LLMD list for Australia for a while now. Is this the first time you’d heard of it? Are you planning on going there? If so, can you provide feedback so I can add notes to the clinic info for others? Many thanks and sorry to hear it’s costly – it’s pretty much the same everywhere if one is looking for help with chronic Lyme, it seems.

Linda L
    Participant

Maz,
    I didn’t hear of it before. I wouldn’t have known of it if I didn’t ask my local pharmacist if he could recommend a doctor who prescribes LDN. So he gave me the address of this NIIM clinic.
    Yes, I had a blood test for Lyme, babesia, fungus and others already /25 ml/ and I should know the results at the next visit. Only then I will see the doctor. There are many doctors there and their biographies/career history can be read on the wall in the reception. Most of them started as conventional medical doctors.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

Linda, what a great shame you hadn’t known about the clinic…it’s been on the LLMD list for Australia for a while now. Had Lyn or I known, one of us would have sent you the list. Oh well, do hope you will find some answers now…everything occurs in its time. Please come back and let us know what results show up for you. Hopefully, now that you’re in the hands of some docs who are doing a bit of sleuthing for you, you’ll have a more focused approach to treating your root causes. I hope so.

Btw, Linda, I recall talking with you about iron-deficiency anemia in the past and noted you also have hypothyroidism. I had never encountered iron-deficiency anemia until I had a thyroidectomy 18 months ago. It seems that hypothyroidism can lead to iron deficiency anemia, the result of lowered stomach acid (gastrin) and, therefore, reduced ability to absorb iron from foods. It’s a bit of a vicious cycle, because hypothyroidism (and generalized inflammation) can lead to iron deficiency, but iron deficiency and inflammation can mean poor thyroid conversion (T4 to T3), so ensuring the “free” levels are in good shape can go a long way to correcting anemia and RA pain. How are you doing in terms of thyroid and ferritin levels right now? Your sig line says you’re taking Oroxine, a T4 med, but have any of your docs suggested adding in liothyronine, a T3 med? I noticed significant difference in pain levels with it was added, because poor thyroid conversion and sub-clinical hypothyroidism can mimic RA and fibromyalgia-like pain.

Maz
    Keymaster

PS…meant Dr. K. (AP doc/LLMD) has been on Auz list for years now (clinic only more recently added to LLMD list). Good to hear he is still going strong, as I’d heard he is one of the best LLMDs in Auz.

2013 article: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/backgroundbriefing/2013-05-12/4675072

Linda L
    Participant

Maz,
    Thank you very much. I haven’t heard about liothyronine. i will ask the doctor. Only yesterday I made a new blood test after four months /should be after two/, so I will write later about the results. So far I know that I have a leaky gut confirmed and D vitamin was too low last time 49.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Maz
    Keymaster

Linda, if you’d like some thyroid charts that are simple to understand and indicate optimal levels so you can talk with your doc, just send me a PM with your email address. It’s good to stay on top of thyroid levels, as you point out.

Linda L
    Participant

Another surprise. Dr K. works in NIIM clinic but he is not allowed to prescribe antibiotics. It is a confirmed information.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.