Home Forums General Discussion Super price on PB8

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    richie
    Participant

Hi Went to purchase my supply of PB8 —found that Vita Cost was 8.99 for a bottle of 120 –thats blue label –plus I think over 50.00 is free shipping —hopped on that and just received my 10 bottles —I think that is about the lowest I have ever seen it in 16 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

SS
    Participant

swanson too has that price I get from them all the time..
    Thanks
    SS

SS
    Participant

Sorry the price is more than vita cost.
    My apologies Richie.
    Thanks
    SS

Calida
    Participant

Thanks, Richie! I recently added PB8 to my probiotic arsenal and was able to pick up a couple of blue label bottles for just under $10 each using my Vitamin Shoppe membership card but it’s usually about $12. Now that I’m taking 600mg od Clindamycin TID in addition to the Zith and mino, I need to increase my probiotic intake substantially and I was happy to learn that you and others have done well with PB8.

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Taco
    Participant

I have a question about probiotic medicine. I took my wife to an immunologist, she told us we needed a probiotic with 4-5 strains instead of the one she was already taking with one. I picked one up at gnc for 9.99 with 8 strains only thing it has to be kept refrigerated and it only has one billion little critters in it. Not only does my wife have candida but her immune system is way down. Do I need to find a probiotic with 10-20 billion instead of the one she has now?

richie
    Participant

One of the reasons I take PB8 is that it doesnt need refrig -or so the company claims –At home I do keep it in the refrig but –we travel all across the US by car for long stretches and I dont worry about refrigeration –PB8 claims 14 billion things –compared to yours which claims 1 billion –to give you an idea I take 10 capsules daily thats a claimed total intake of 140 billion thingys daily –If your wife is only taking one tablet daily –not nearly enough –you have to use your judgement —the suggested dose on the label is for folks with relatively healthy systems –when one takes antibiotic much much more of probiotic is needed !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

One really has to figure out the price by how many capsules you take a day.I take 120 billion.One capsule of Flore Supreme 100billion,Flore supreme would translate as Flora supreme or ultimate,or something like that.It’s made by Renew Life that I think is an international company and it has 10 strains of bacteria per capsule.Cost is over 30$ for 30 capsules.I then add 2 capsules of 10 billion made by Natural Factors and the strains are slightly different so my cost is about 1.30$ a day.Well worth it to prevent any problems

richie
    Participant

Hi –Very good point –I use up a bottle of 120 in 12 days –so its about 25.00 per month —-Its not inexpensive –guess about average cost –but it has worked for me for about 15 years or so —
    richie

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

It’s still on sale.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.