Home Forums General Discussion Streptomyces aureofaciens

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TrustingGod
    Participant

Bear with me…Tetracycline was originally made from a bacteria found in soil, streptomyces aureofaciens (SA). I can’t put my hand on Dr. Brown’s book, but I think I recall Maz mentioning that the incidence of RA is lower in Africa, partly due to the fact that Africans use soil enriched with SA to treat gum infections. I also read that North Africans were fermenting and drinking beer that contained tetracycline. See: https://www.livescience.com/11028-ancient-african-cocktail-beer-shot-antibiotic.html. Through my 20+ years as a RA warrior, I have learned that your immune system starts with your gut. Many of us are restoring our gut bacteria through the use of probiotics. I can’t help but wonder if SA would be effective in treating RA. We know that SA is likely safe because of its long-term therapeutic use in Africa. Just trying to think outside of the box. I am a believer that the Creator gave us everything we need on Earth to heal ourselves. We just have to find it.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi TG,

This article is interesting:

Ancient Nubians took antibiotics in their beer almost 2000 years ago (Daily Mail 9/6/2010)

I think it was Clark (Brown’s colleague) who wrote in his book, “Why Arthritis?” (second book down on list) about the low incidence of RA in Africa, but my recall has faded on this. Also, Aureomycin (chlortetracycline) was the first synthesized tetracycline antibiotic derived from streptomyces.

Streptomyces aureofaciens – An Overview (Science Direct 2017)

I think you’ll find this blog article interesting in light of the connection of gum disease and RA and particularly the link at the foot to the Johns Hopkins article – dentists use tetras to treat gum disease and the breakdown of tissues and bone as a result of oral microbes, which is clearly similar to the erosion of joints, caused by the same process of citrullination (hence why the anti-CCP test is valuable in diagnosing RA):

What does gum disease have to do with juvenile and adult rheumatoid arthritis?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.