Home Forums General Discussion Strange indentations in skin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hopefulmama
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Thanks for being here. Every time I encounter a new or strange symptom it is really a blessing to be able to bring my questions to a group of people who understand the anxiety I feel in this process, and who really care.

I’m having a weird new thing happen, it has happened about four times now so it is starting to freak me out. I would have mentioned it to Dr. McF today when I saw her (or Dr. F last week) but I totally forgot about it, it has happened so rarely.

For no good reason, I’m starting to get dents in my skin that seem to come and then go. They are very strange indentations, almost like I had been leaning on something hard that left a jagged depression in the skin. It has happened to me now on my foot, my forehead and my hands. It happens and then seems to abate when I rub the skin.

I guess the simplest possible answer might be that I am really dehydrated? I know I drink only a tiny fraction of the water that I should, and I do the infrared saunas twice a week and I think this typically happens on the day after I’ve done the sauna. So maybe I need to drink more water before I worry so much.

Is there anyone on here with lupus who could tell me if this is a symptoms of lupus? I don’t think I’ve read anything about this happening with scleroderma or RA.

Thanks so much. Oh, and I found out today that the probiotic I’ve been using for the last five months is based off of gluten 🙁 So maybe that is why my inflammation has gone up and not down, since I have been chugging the stuff daily. Sigh.

Take care and hope all is well with you. Thanks for your thoughts about the dents.

A

KateLove
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks so much for your reply to my post. I must return the favor because when I saw “strange dents” I went, “Oh, no…”

Not sure if it’s the same thing I have been getting. Mine is basically like there is a loss of tissue or fluid in the spot and it takes a while for the skin to retract and refill. I have only had this on my fingertips so far (thank you, universe). I have been googling it (I know, I know, I need to stop) and have come up with everything from iron deficiency, to magnesium deficiency, to thyroid, which I know you have an issue with (however, this was mostly regarding the fingertips wrinkling).

Maybe send Dr. F. or his partner Dr. L. an e-mail or call about it? I am sure one of the experienced folk will have input about this…

Hey, if you find out, write about it here (pretty please)!

With affection,

-Kate

KateLove
    Participant

Whoops, just read the sauna thing. Hey, mine was worse the day after hydrotherapy, so maybe…I know you know the thing about drinking half your body weight in ounces of water (bless our naturpath’s hearts). 🙂

mschmidt
    Participant

Andrea,

I can relate to the indentation thing–especially on fingertips and toes. It started happening about a year after my SD diagnosis, when I started abx treatment. I went from swollen, puffy fingers to shrink wrapped fingers. I also notice it slightly in my forearms, as well as my toes and the bottoms of my feet–all of those areas have seen a loss of fat padding with SD. I guess I never thought to ask Dr.F about why this happens–just assume that it’s because of the loss of fat padding from SD in certain areas of the body. On a lighter note, wish that would happen on my backside! 😆

Maria

Nell2
    Participant

Hey Andrea,

I think in addition to dehydration, adrenal fatigue can contribute to this. I have it too from time to time — suddenly I’ll see this weird mark on my leg and then realize I had been leaning against something and my skin just isn’t recovering like it should.

I wish I could link you to where I got this info. I feel like I’m passing on gossip when I can’t even tell you where I read it. Oh for my brain to work again!

Nell

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.