Home Forums General Discussion speckled vs nucleolar ANA

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kater
    Participant

Hi all,
    well, I have been on AP and Lyme treatment for 23 months now. My ANA has gone from 1:640 to 1:320. I know this may be significant or not, but since it is in the right direction I am hoping for significant! My question is–the pattern has always been speckled, and now for the first time it has changed to nucleolar. I know these both indicate SD but don’t know much beyond that. Anyone had a pattern change? Is it significant? Any info would be helpful. Have a great day everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends
    cheers
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

k-leigh
    Participant

Hi hon,

I have this graph that shows the specific staining pattern in relation to disease. Hope this helps. Sorry I can’t be of help in what the change of pattern may mean.

Hugs.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Kate;
    If you go to the SD foundation’s Inspire bulletin board you can ask Daisy.She knows everything,a walking dictionary so to speak.Since she is a doctor she really knows her stuff.
    Lynne

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Hello Kate:

The website http://labtestsonline.org may be of some help in your search to find meaning in your lab results.

In my experience with my daughter, her ANA was always anti centromere pattern and it went from top of the range to near normal in her first year on AP. Then, it went back up, and has stayed near the top or at the top of the range ever since. I would love to see that number disappear but it hasn’t.

Cheryl

kater
    Participant

Hi K-leigh :-), Lynne and Cheryl
    thanks for the chart K–that is very interesting and helpful. Will bring it when I go to see “our” new rheumy 🙂
    I did look at labtestsonline and it explains the tests and patterns but nothing about the change in pattern.
    Symptom-wise I am doing pretty well and my labs are pretty steady. RF is at 18 and ANA at 1:320. Yes I am hoping for that elusive holy 1:80 but know it may never come. Scl-70 is still negative and always has been. Lynne I did contact Daisy and will post her reply FYI. Basically she said pattern is subject to human interpretation/error and she herself has had 4 different patterns. So I won’t sweat it 🙂
    take care dear friends!
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Just curious, is Daisy a true medical doctor? I know she is very knowledgeable but was surprised to read Lynne G’s post that Daisy is a doctor.

Be well,

Cheryl

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Cheryl;
    Yes,Daisy is a doctor.I do not know this word in English so am going by phonetics.Ompthamologist which means she has to learn a lot more than just eye problems and prescribing glasses.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Yep, ophthalmologist is indeed a medical doctor. I have seen hundreds if Daisy’s post and it was clear that she is very well versed on research etc, but I had never seen that she was actually a physician, though it is not a surprise. Does she actually have scleroderma, most of her posts don’t mention whether she herself is a patient.

Thanks Lynne!

Cheryl

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.