Home Forums General Discussion solodyn brand of minocycline

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    richie
    Participant

Hi—Solodyn is minocycline marketed to acne users —-they make it in 45 mg and 90 mg –it is extremely costly –However –There is now available a 50 mg and 100 mg generic —the company is cute –the protection ran out on 50 and 100 mg so they remade it in 45 and 90 and obtained protection —leaving the 50 and 100 to generics –the reason I mention this is that all this is extended release and while I use minocin the brand which is also a delayed release and I just wonder if the delivery might be better —
    richie

Krys
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi—Solodyn is minocycline …now available a 50 mg and 100 mg generic —all this is extended release…

Richie, thank you for posting your great find!!!
    Krys

PhilC
    Participant

Solodyn might be useful for people who cannot tolerate Minocin or generic minocycline since the extended-release nature of the drug would tend to make it less of a shock to the body. However, it is likely to be gentler on the “bugs” as well, so I would only use it as a last resort.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi–It might even be better –look how effective minocin is and thats a “modified release “
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Richie,
    @richie wrote:

Hi–It might even be better –look how effective minocin is and thats a “modified release “
    richie

Minocin is not a modified-release formulation. If it were, pharmacies would not be able to legally sell capsules containing powdered minocycline as generic equivalents since they would not be bioequivalent. However, there is a modified-release version of Minocin called Minocin MR.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.