Home Forums General Discussion So strange

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

I am supposed to take vitamin D3 in liquid. When I took it first time the liquid was bitter so I contacted the clinic and asked if it was OK to continue with this one. They said it shouldn’t be bitter and replaced it with a new bottle with a longer expiry date. It was bitter too. I contacted the manufacturer and they were surprised, asked me to return that bottle. I received a new bottle yesterday with even longer expiry date 2019.
    It is very, really very bitter. The second my tongue touche the liquid I feel its bitterness. This time I tested it on my family. Three people didn’t find it bitter at all. What is wrong? When we purchase olive oil it is sometimes bitter and then all of us agree it is bitter. It is a big puzzle for me.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Linda;
    If you had SD I would not be surprised at all.I had both taste and smell issues.It’s so weird that the cats’ litter box smelled of cucumbers for months on end.Just recently I often smell carrot cake mix which I hate because it smells of chemicals that I guess are used to keep the carrots and raisins from spoiling in their vaccume sealed package.I have never used a cake mix but my daughter tried one a few months ago and I still smell it on a regular basis. Nothing surprises me with SD anymore

Linda L
    Participant

So funny Maybe we are more sensitive in taste and smell? My grandma could have smelt cigarettes we smoked as kids through four closed doors, ha, ha.
    I found some websites saying that liquid D3 is bitter so children don’t like it.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.