Home Forums General Discussion Shin Bumps

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

Had my legs waxed for the first time in ages. Now they are smooth I have noticed that I have very faint nodules running down each shin bone.Been checking these out for the past couple of weeks and they seem to come and go. Yesterday, on right shin there were six , today I have three. These bumps are no where near any joints, so I am wondering if this is normal ???

Spiffy

I will bet they are lymph nodes. Probably just your body’s reaction to hair
    Removal. Try to quit feeling them for a week. Wait until any inflammation has subsided…then see if they are still there. Shin bones are naturally bumpy anyway, so it may be harder to know what is normal.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

lemons
    Participant

Hello Spiffy, thanks for replying. Not sure you have lymph glands on the shins ? Behind the knee and in the groin I think.
    They are still there, not painful or sore. Would not give them a second thought if they didnt come and go, just a bit strange. Oh well , just another medical mystery for me to ponder on. Hope you are well,
    N x

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Lemons;
    Take it from an archeologist….shin bones are naturally bumpy.It’s the condition of the muscles and the underlying layer of fat below the skin that makes your legs feel nice and smothe.

lemons
    Participant

Hi Lynne ,
    My legs are stick thin & these little bumps are squidgy ,palpable & not bony. Not causing any problems as they do not hurt .Just strange that they come & go.
    Thanks for replying,
    N x

Spiffy

How are things?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

A Friend
    Participant

This link might shed some light on the subject of shin bumps.
    http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/sym/shin_lump.htm
    In desperation over the past several months, I began reading much on Lymph function. This is an important subject that I’ve not run across (or, at least, not noticed), and it turns out some problems have existed for me in those areas for some time.
    Best,
    AF

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey AF;
    So nice to see you back here.Where have you been for the last year or so?Hope all is well.
    Your old and getting older pal,Lynne

lemons
    Participant

Hello A Friend,
    I had a look at the link, you know that is the same website my GP uses ! However, these are bumps not an individual singular lump. I have decided not to get my legs waxed again & stick with the bohemian, hairy yeti vibe & then they will go away.Its just my legs are the only thin part left, so I tend not to ignore them. Maybe Lynne G SD is right & they are just part of the anatomy, I hope so anyway. Are you OK ? , you dont seem to come on here much anymore .
    N x

lemons
    Participant

Last Friday, my dog had a needle biopsy on a grapefruit sized tumor that has developed on her leg. Went to the vets today to get results, and she has lipoma . Nothing sinister , just fatty tissue growth. I asked what causes it, and was told age , diet , soft tissue injury or Lyme.
    Been Googling for alternative remedies for canine lipoma and chickweed ointment kept popping up ,but this was for human lipoma. I have never heard of it. Googled a bit more, and the description or symptoms marry with these little fatty like bumps on my shins. Anyway , just thought it was a coincidence and food for thought.

Calida
    Participant

Last Friday, my dog had a needle biopsy on a grapefruit sized tumor that has developed on her leg. Went to the vets today to get results, and she has lipoma . Nothing sinister , just fatty tissue growth. I asked what causes it, and was told age , diet , soft tissue injury or Lyme.

Wow, lemons, that is so interesting!
    Years ago, when I was dating my husband, I remember grabbing on to his upper arm to steady myself and I felt a lump. He didn’t know it as lipoma but said there were 2 others, one over his rib cage and I forget where the other one is located. He had them checked before I knew him and the doc said not to worry, they were just benign fatty deposits.

Fast forward to 2013. I was checked for Lyme via commercial lab and it was negative although Igenex was positive. My husband lit up the bands for the CDC first time out, Western blot, commercial lab. Thinking back, his mom said he had a relapsing-remitting bout with a strange rheumatic illness when he was about 10 that lasted for a month or more and caused his joints to swell. Since then, he’s had trouble with his knees and has had 3 surgeries.

Now I’m wondering if the lipomas are related to Lyme in his case. Did your research turn up anything that describes how or why lipomas are related to Lyme?

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I would never discount Lyme.So far I have not seen a connection but you might like to read this.
    http://vet.sagepub.com/content/49/3/453.full

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Interesting! I developed a lipoma on the underside of my upper right arm just after I first added amoxycillin to my pulsed 4 abx routine. Causes me no problems but is still there without any changes in size (sort of egg like) after 6 or 7 years.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

lemons
    Participant

Morning,

I found these links last night on a discussion board http://www.lipomaboard.com/general-fz/what-causeslipomas and dercums_data.tripod.com/infection.html you have to do a lot of scrolling on the first link. There are a few more posts on here regarding lipoma and lyme, one post is from Maz back in 2013 .

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Lemons,

Yes, very interesting connection to Lyme and lipomas. I had two removed, one from each ankle, that I thought (and docs thought) were RA swellings, for the longest time. My dog had numerous ones and she nearly died from Lyme and babesiosis, causing her autoimmune hemolytic anemia, treated with high doses of doxycycline and pred. I had some of her bigger ones removed but as she aged, left the smaller ones, but she became very arthritic, poor old girl and suffered dementia in the end. We were mirrors of one another, but “touch wood” no dementia yet (I think!)!!!

I wish I had asked for a sample of the removed lipomas to send out to a lab…seems that the body will use whatever means it can to wall off infections….lipomas, cysts, nodules, abscesses…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.