Home Forums General Discussion Severe SI joint pain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ellie6
    Participant

I am having debilitating SI joint pain that is making it difficult to walk, bend etc. I am waiting on the results of a cat scan. As I stated in another post my Rheumy suspects pediatric arthritis. I have a history of Lyme disease which seemed to trigger this pain and spent a year on antibiotics. My LLNP wants me to try low dose naltrexone. I have received some really helpful advice here, but I’m struggling where to begin. I am also dealing with multiple food allergies, leaky gut and candida. This makes diet very confusing. I really need some relief from the pain so I’m trying to make out a shopping list of what to buy and I’m confused. I’m assuming with the candida fruits are out. I read about the no starch diet but really need some type of fiber. The strange thing is spinach is not a starch but I think it may be triggering some pain. I need some guidance….I read about an apple fast..is anyone familiar with this? Again with candida not sure this is a good idea.

Also if antibiotics are what’s recommended how does someone do this with leaky gut, candida etc? Wouldn’t this just exacerbate the problem?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

The strange thing is spinach is not a starch but I think it may be triggering some pain.

That may be because of its oxalic acid content – and many holistic doctors advise people with RA or AS to avoid foods containing it. Whilst cooking spinach removes a lot of the oxalic acid, apparently some systems cannot handle it and it sounds like yours may be one of those.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

@ellie6 wrote:

Also if antibiotics are what’s recommended how does someone do this with leaky gut, candida etc? Wouldn’t this just exacerbate the problem?

Hi Ellie,

Here is a study that demonstrates the synergistic effects of minocycline in combination with diflucan (aka: generic, fluconazole, a prescription systemic anti-fungal) against candida and its biofilms:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20707818

The above was a Chinese study published in 2010 and minocycline actually seems to enhance the effects of the anti-fungal in-vitro….of course, in-vitro isn’t the same as in-vivo, but there are many folks here who use both a tetracycline and a systemic anti-fungal successfully.

As a part of one of my Lyme treatments in the past, I used high dose Moxatag (extended release amoxicillin) in combination with diflucan for about 8 months straight and it was brilliant for lowering my anti-CCP (by about 40 points a month!). Never had an incidence of candida.

Some experienced physicians add in the diflucan in pulses as prophylaxis against candida, but it also has some effects on other microbes in addition to candida. Diflucan is also commonly used by LLMDs in Lyme protocols (known as the Shardt Protocol):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15337633

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.