Home Forums General Discussion Selfhacked.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TrustingGod
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to share this website, which provides useful information on the effectiveness of supplements in fighting inflammation. For instance, they cite a study that shows that fish oil in combination with olive oil reduces RF by 30%. It is worth a try.

Ways to lower RF: https://selfhacked.com/blog/rheumatoid-factor/
    Ways to lower anti-CCP: https://selfhacked.com/blog/reduce-inflammation-anti-ccp/

Linda L
    Participant

An excellent explanation of RF. These natural products can be added to AP protocol and most of them don’t have any side effects and can help a lot. Thank you.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy1

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for posting. I have just about given up in trying to lower my RA factor further. But you have given me some new renewed energy for it. Bless you!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

TrustingGod
    Participant

I am trying the fish oil and olive oil combination now. Fingers crossed.

TrustingGod
    Participant

I am also considering the 600mg vitamin E, but I want to better understand the side effects first.

Spiffy1

I want to add the olive oil and fish oil. I have been on both for long periods of time at different times in my life but never together. I didn’t see any measurements. How do you know how much they recommend to take?

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin

TrustingGod
    Participant

According to the abstract, participants received fish oil omega-3 fatty acids (3 g/d) and 9.6 mL of olive oil.

Spiffy1

Thank you! I didn’t see this. Did they take it all together or separately?

TrustingGod
    Participant

It doesn’t say. I have been taking them together.

Spiffy1

Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.