Home Forums General Discussion Searching for a book

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JOJO19551
    Participant

Hi to all! I read a book several years ago about a woman with scleroderma who went to the NIH to be treated for scleroderma by using antibiotics. I believe the name of the Doctor was Dr. Brown. Does anyone know the name of the book? I would like to forward it to a new scleroderma friend. Thanks, Jo Ann

Woods1977
    Participant

Hi,

Is this the book you’re looking for?

Scleroderma: The Proven Therapy that Can Save Your Life
    by Henry Scammell

JOJO19551
    Participant

No, I found that one. This is a story about a woman who used minocycline to treat her scleroderma. Her book lead me to to the book you mentioned, as well as The Roadback Foundation. I probably bought 10 of her books for people I met with scleroderma and gave my own away as well. Thanks.

A Friend
    Participant

@JOJO19551 wrote:

No, I found that one. This is a story about a woman who used minocycline to treat her scleroderma. Her book lead me to to the book you mentioned, as well as The Roadback Foundation. I probably bought 10 of her books for people I met with scleroderma and gave my own away as well. Thanks.

JoJo,
    You probably saw all these…[???]
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Scleroderma-Book-Patients-Families/dp/0195115074
    AF

JOJO19551
    Participant

I did, thanks. I am unsure why it is not listed. It is a very inspiring story for a new scleroderma patient and why they do do antibiotics versus harsh drugs. Thank you. Jo Ann.

richie
    Participant

Hi–Do you mean Pat Ganger–??
    Richie

JOJO19551
    Participant

Hi Richie. I believe that is it. It is such an inspiring story which gave me lots of hope. Thanks.

richie
    Participant

Hi

I can certainly not only give you hope but tell you first hand that I am in complete remission from diffuse scleroderma and I really had a huge list of problems which over the years have all resolved —
    Richie

JOJO19551
    Participant

Richie, me too. I still have crooked fingers. Any suggestions? I know you did but reserved.

richie
    Participant

Hi Keep exercising your fingers flexing as much as possible –that takes the longest to resolve but mine did and yours will also !
    richie

Anonymous
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi

I can certainly not only give you hope but tell you first hand that I am in complete remission from diffuse scleroderma and I really had a huge list of problems which over the years have all resolved —
    Richie

Hi richie

I’d like to read so many stories like yours. 😉

how long did you take antibiotics?

excuse the question maybe I’ve already read but I forget everything 🙄

richie
    Participant

Hi Since 1999 –I still take the antibiotic cause when the scleroderma was active I was real sick and I dont want to risk a relapse –
    Still take 200 mg of the minocin brand daily —I take large doses of probiotic daily –have never had any issues due to the med –Only side effects were when I first started -lasted about two weeks –I was walking around retching –once it cleared up never bothered with any side effects at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.