Home Forums General Discussion SD antibodies and disease remission

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I believe that I had read a post on here at some point where somebody said their SD got under control even when their SD antibodies remained high or fluctuated. Today I got results from my last blood draw, and it was 47 (verses 35 the time before that.) My AP doc told me mot to worry, because even the same sample on the same day can have different results. So my question is, are there any here who have gotten better even when the antibodies didn’t necessarily go down?

richie
    Participant

What test ???
    richie

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I’m sorry I should have mentioned the antiscl-70 test

richie
    Participant

Hi You have to find out that particular laboratories range as many many labs have a normal range of 1

100 —
    richie

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I know that all of my labs have technically been in the same range. When I first started going they were like mid 40s, then high 40s, then 35 and now 47. My skin isn’t any worse, and I actually have hair growing on my arm where a morphea patch is. It didn’t used to have any hair. The lines of raised skin on my leg and the bump on my hand are flatter and softer than ever.

greypilgrim256
    Participant

I think I have read that antibody levels are not clinically significant in severity or activity of Scleroderma. I have spoken to people that have had a stem cell transplant and are in remission and still have the sclero antibodies.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Is this how much mino you’re currently taking?:

Taking Minocycline twice daily for Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If so, I’m wondering why you are not on a higher dose.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

That’s just those dose I was put on…im not sure

Maz
    Keymaster

@JustDiagnosedChris wrote:

That’s just those dose I was put on…im not sure

Just a hunch, Chris, but if your doc suspects an overlap of lupus then this would likely be why. Lupies, in general, tend to be a lot more sensitive to lots of things.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.