Home Forums General Discussion Scleroderma The Proven Therapy… Book Readers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Hello all:

To all of the scleroderma patients who have read the book, Scleroderma, The Proven Therapy That Can Save Your Life, you probably recall the patient story of Pat Ganger, who was the founding President of the Road Back Foundation. Well, I am happy to report that next Tuesday, I am going to meet Pat and spend the day with her. I can’t wait to learn more about her jouney and long term recovery. I have spoken with her many times on the telephone, and thought that there may be an opportunity to meet her someday, and next Tuesday is the day!

I am going to ask Pat to give me a message of encouragement that I can post to all of you scleroderma patients who are still searching for the best treatment or are on your way to recovery with AP.

Be well,

Cheryl

Trudi
    Participant

@Cheryl F wrote:

I am happy to report that next Tuesday, I am going to meet Pat and spend the day with her.

Hi Cheryl–
    How exciting for you! Let us know how it went and what you learned. Hello to Pat–
    Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Parisa
    Participant

Cheryl,

Have a good visit. Thank you for sharing. I’m sure many here with and without scleroderma will be interested.

lajc
    Participant

Hi Cheryl,

I would love to hear what she has to say and so look forward to your next post. I started AP Jan. 2011, 2 months after I was diagnosed and have seen some subtle improvements and I’m feeling so much better. Still have a long way to go though with the hard, contractured hands and the pulmonary fibrosis. Hope you have a good visit !

Laurie

Krys
    Participant

Lovely news!
    I don’t have SD but I’m already excited about your upcoming post!
    Hugs to you and Pat, Krys

notabene
    Participant

What a wonderful opportunity. I am sure that you will convey the gratitude that all of us on AP, and on RBF, feel about her activities to communicate the efficacy of antibiotics for scleroderma (and RA). We are all living better lives as a result.

I’ll be curious to know her long-term perspective. Does she still take antibiotics, how often does she think about scleroderma and its symptoms, how did scleroderma and AP change her life, and how has she revised her lifestyle? Especially for the very young among us, I’m sure her experience will be reassuring.

Nancy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.