Home Forums General Discussion Scleroderma remission evident in nail changes?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Luck20
    Participant

Has anyone with scleroderma noticed their nails reverting back to normal from being thick and ridged? I’ve been monitoring mine and I’m seeing less ridges in the new growth.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

No hope there for me.Any physical damage stays but I have not had any more breaking teeth.

Luck20
    Participant

Thats good you don’t have anymore broken teeth. Thats scary!

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

when I had about 9 months of being asymptomatic my nail quality was vastly improved. and when I crashed again my nails went to hell again (thin, break easy, white lines, ridges). I think it’s a good indicator of health in general

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Luck20
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Pinkmoth.

Thats what I’m thinking. I keep watching new growth at the base of the nail and I’m seeing improvements in many of the nails. At first, I thought it was my imagination but as they grow longer, I know its not. Maybe I caught things early enough.

Most of my labs are making huge jumps toward normal range. I’m suspecting next month’s labs to mostly or all normal.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Although somewhat misshaped from the initial damage, one fingertip has scarring and a dent, Jessica’s nails are normal. String but not thick.

~Cheryl

Luck20
    Participant

Thats great to hear Cheryl! I’m so happy fod her.

Everyones nails might not be the same in remission but I love to look for ANY positive signs of healing. I credit that mindset with continual improvements in my condition.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.