Home Forums General Discussion Sad news to report

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hi old friends and new. I’ve been MIA for a long time trying to regroup, but this isn’t about me.

Michelle, (or as Lynne G. lovingly calls her, Michou)’s, mother passed away yesterday. Many of you have followed Kathy’s struggle with SD sending her into renal failure and dialysis. She later tested positive for Lyme Disease, but not before irreversible damage had occurred. Michelle has been the most amazing and loving daughter, fighting every step along the way with her mother. I, personally, have been so moved by their close bond. Today Michelle has a huge hole in her heart.

This is a post from Michelle:

“Michelle L. Saxon
    My heart, my sweet mommy, the woman who gave me life and took care of me…the woman who I reciprocated by taking care of her when she couldn’t do it for herself, went to heaven today at 12:01 PM. Actually I believe she went to heaven on Friday when this terrible nightmare began. Please pray for the repose of the soul of Kathleen Marie Saxon. I am just devastated. I can’t imagine the days to come. Please lift me up in prayer. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers that you’ve sent.”

Take care…..kim

Suzanne
    Participant

Thank you for letting us know, Kim.

Michelle, I’m so sorry for your loss. I have said a prayer for your dear mother, and you and your family will be in my thoughts and heart today.

Take care,
    Suzanne

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Ah Kim – so sorry you’ve had to return to impart this news.

Michelle, am so very sad to hear this news about Kathy. You loved and held your Mother so wonderfully, I hope there are angels to love and hold you now. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Parisa
    Participant

Michelle,
    I am so sorry for your loss. You were a wonderful, loving daughter to your mother.

Suzy
    Participant

I too am saddened by your news. If I remember right, your efforts to help your mom to health provided her improvement enough to be able to enjoy some special times with a special daughter. What a wonderful gift you gave your mom. She left this world knowing she was so very loved…

Prayers for you….. Suzy

crowchez
    Participant

I’m so very sorry to hear this. 😥 I read so many of Michelle’s posts & was amazed to see the progress her mother was making. My condolences to Michelle & her family.

nspiker
    Participant

Michelle,
    I am heartbroken for you…..

There are no words to describe how sorry I am. You and your mom were a shining example of unconditional love. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you and your Dad. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are here for you, to support you in any way we can.
    nancy

Kim, hope you are doing well. So sorry you had to come back for such a sad reason.

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Michele-

Sorry for your loss. You were a wonderful daughter. Just remember your mother also loved you and would want you to go on with your life in a positive, productive manner.

Jan

jims
    Participant

Hello Michelle, I am very sorry to read about the loss of your mother. Both of you inspired me. jims

Trudi
    Participant

Dear Michelle–

My very deepest sympathies to you and your family. You will most definitely be in my prayers–as well as your mother.

Wishing you much strength to get through the following days,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

dear michelle, my deepest sympathy to you and your family . my prayers and thoughts are with you all. ..kind regards ..di. 🙁

RAinPA
    Participant

Michelle…so sorry to hear of your Mother’s passing. I will be thinking of you in this most difficult time.

louris
    Participant

Michelle, my condolences to you and your family. Prayers for all of you during this time.

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Wow…first off, Kim, my sweet friend, thank you for letting everyone know and thank you for your support through these years!

Thank you all for your kindness and support also…it meant the world to us! I’d read things all the time to my mom from this message board. It was a huge source of inspiration, education and really made her stronger to hear that there was indeed a chance for her to get better. We love the Road Back and we know that this resource did indeed give her more time. She said if it weren’t for AP, she’d been dead a while ago. I truly do believe it.

I’m sure people are wanting to know what happened, I’ll try hard to make a long weekend short…Mom suffered cardiac arrest after dialysis on Friday. She’d called me to have my dad pick her up at 3, she asked the nurses for some oxygen, they asked her if she was OK, she said she did not know, they turned their backs for a while, looked at her again to check on her and she was having an attack. When my dad got there, the ambulance was there and they were working on her. They were able to revive her but unfortunately the lack of oxygen (no one knows how long she was not breathing) made her brain dead. We held out hope that she would wake up but she never did. The neurological exam confirmed what we already knew just by looking at her. I know without a shadow of a doubt that she knew we were there and she could hear us. Our connection was still very obvious – I made sure she knew I loved her, she was cherished and I got to say all the things I needed to say. Our choice as a family was to withdraw the ventilator and meds, to keep her comfortable and let her go to God. She kept fighting for 21 hours after that.

If you still have parents, please call them and tell them that you love them. A normal day could turn out to be a nightmare. We never know. I sure didn’t.

xxoo
    Michelle (Michou)

Kim
    Participant

Michelle,

I hope you can feel the collective RBF group hug! I also hope you can feel Kathy smiling down on you with one of her fancy rum drinks and Simba on her lap.

Take care, friend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.