Home Forums General Discussion Rifampin is causing high BP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

I finally am able to figure out that Rifampin is actually causing my high BP and perhaps palpitation. I had a perfect BP on valsartan, last week I introduce rifampin and all of suddenly my hearts starts racing along with palpitation and BP is high (130 / 95) pulse at 101…I try to reduce Valsartan as it can cause higher level with Rfaimpin but still the BP is high.

Before I discontinue Rifampin, is there anything I can do?

I

richie
    Participant

talk to your doctor –when do you go to Penn —sounds like you reaLLY NEED TO GO !!!

richie
    Participant

You reduced Valsartan on your own –bad move –that is a blood pressure medicine that keeps your blood pressure low –you are trying to be your own doctor and you are really messing up and you are getting nowheres —In about 15 years around here -you sure are an original —

worldofme
    Participant

Richie – I did not. My doc told me to STOP ALL Medicine for 48 to 72 hours.

What do you think honestly will a PENN Medicine doc do differently?

THEY CAN”T DUPLICATE the test. They WON’t Do a PCR.

What’s to know that they will find the same bacteria again?

Lot of what if’s…What if he says It’s non clinical bug??

I already know WHAT meds work and so does my current ID…

My current id works with me….

fyi: appt in few weeks

richie
    Participant

You know whats works??? –are you kidding -just look at your posts –one problem after another and —Thats the entire problem –you think you know what works but the record sure doesnt reflect that –I hate to say it but you have a losing attitude and unless you have an “attitude adjustment “-you ‘ll never be better –
    by the way I dont believe you will ever get to Penn –

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.