Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Returning to abt after remission for several years RA/PA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tlpitts
    Participant

I was on minocin a few years ago for rheumatoid arthritis. I did great on the minocycline m/w/f. And took this regiment for I believe two years I became disease free except for an occasional mild flare if I got sick or some small trama ect. About a year ago I started having psoriasis on my arms just like I did as a kid followed by joint aches and pains also started noticing psoriasis on scalp and forehead then that getting worse and fingers starting to swell . Hands would swell before but not fingers. Then the fatique set in along with all the familiar symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis. I went to the rheumatologist (had not been in years) I was told I have full blowen RA/psoriatic arthritis. I was put back on humaria shots . I was back on for three months fatique better psoriasis better but suddenly I started having some type of uncontrollable movement disorder and was taken off humaria and it took me three months to get over this. I still have occasional twich in the left side of my face if I am having a flare with RA. I started having stomach problems and was put on reglan and the movement disorder started again so went off and was better after two weeks. In nov of 2011 starting having a lot of stomach problems and lots of small flares with RA psoriasis worse and here to stay. Finally in Jan 2012 had gallbladder out went bad all of a sudden. When they did surgery my liver and intestines all had inflammation the doctor said. Felt better after surgery went back to work and then RA starting getting so bad I was afraid I was going to have to quit work. During this time I was so depressed and the thought of going thru this all over again and having a new autoimmune disease was more than I could take. I should have thought of the road back abt treatment but I did not. I was at work one night and had a pt on minocycline for acne and had to look look it up in my nursing drug book and it said it was now approved for treatment of RA WOW!!!! I remembered this program and site and got back on here and I have just started back on minocycline m/w/f I just also finished a round of zpak to start off with. It is may 5th 2012.

Tlpitts
    Participant

It is may 17th and I am so dizzy and have had two flares and have been slipping a lot . Not sure if this is a herx or just a plain old cycle of the disease. I believe I feel a little depressed and over emotional and am just so………tired of being sick .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.