Home Forums General Discussion Report published today for Mino and MS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

This has just been released by the U.of Calgary and boded well for new research
    https://www.ucalgary.ca/utoday/issue/2017-05-31/common-acne-medication-offers-new-treatment-multiple-sclerosis

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Very interesting!

Also interesting that they refer to minocycline simply as ‘a common acne medication’ rather than as a broad spectrum tetracycline antibiotic used to treat many bacterial infections………

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Nikkoal
    Participant

I saw this article last night, glad it was posted here! I know the idea has been tossed around a few times, but this gives more weight to the idea of autoimmune diseases being caused by bacteria, just a matter of which AI disease a person is diagnosed with based on the body system affected by it. May not be the cause of all cases, but I’m believing more and more in this theory. I actually saw the article posted on an MS group, and I shared Dr. Brown’s novel treatment, and encouraged people to come check out this group to see the years and years of success stories using mino to treat rheumatic diseases.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

It seems that they are only considering the anti inflamatory property of minoI was talking to Kelly Johnston who is thir senior commuications manager and told her all about Roadback and our successes with mino and my 18 year remission.Still have one more note to send her tomorrow morning.If you have any brilliant ideas of thing to say to her can you let me know ASAP
    I saw a write up of this trial when I did a google search for this info,can’t remember if it was Medscape or an other such thing but they did not look at it very favouraly.I will try to find it in a few minutes and post it

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Can’t find it now but here is the Medscape article
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/852565

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

If you can’t open Medscape due to not being a member I can paste it here but it is long.Has some interesting comments

Susan(SD)
    Participant

Here is another write-up of the same study (I believe). I tweeted about it yesterday. @SusanLinOT

Susan(SD)
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.