Home Forums General Discussion Red patches, drug induced lupus??

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Airen
    Participant

I have noticed in the last month or two some small red patches on my skin. They’re a little dry looking and slightly raised but not itchy or flaky or scaly at all. What could it be?? Of course dr Google scares me!

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

richie
    Participant

If you have scleroderma -keratosis is common –and nothing

Airen
    Participant

I do not have scleroderma. What is keratosis?

Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Airen

If you go to your profile page, you can put in some info on what disease/mix you are dealing with and what medications etc you are taking. That way, people are able to respond to your specific situation as this info comes up each time you post.

If you want to do this, run your cursor over your name (bottom right of screen), choose Edit My Profile from the menu, then scroll right down to ‘your forum signature’ put the info in and click on submit to save it. You can change this any time by going through the same process 🙂

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

MLTelfer
    Participant

No history of psoriasis? There is a form of arthritis associated with this.

Linda L
    Participant

Airen,
    Where are the patches located?
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Airen
    Participant

I have RA. Gluten free, mostly dairy free, little to no sugar.i have maple syrup in my coffee that’s it. Did elimination diet for 9 months to find triggers. Been increasing mino, up to 100 mg twice per day, everyday. Down to 5 mg pred. 9 months in and doing really well overall. Little to no pain but swelling still there, herxing a little now.

Apparently my grandmother and grandfather may have had a very mild form of psoriasis. I say mild because I was very close to them and never even knew.

They are hard to notice they are not huge/inflamed. Just pinkish and raised and a little dry feeling. A few on my legs and just noticed one on my arm yesterday.

Started AP in June 2015

MLTelfer
    Participant

I think it is worth showing a dermatologist and rheumatologist. It could be psoriatic arthritis and it is worth getting the diagnosis straight. There is a hereditary component and the psoriasis can be very mild. Sometimes the arthritis precedes the psoriasis. The mechanisms of the disease are different than RA, but AP can work with this arthritis too. Typically you would have involvement of your fingers and toes and back, but the joint involvement moves around and can vary.

Suzanne
    Participant

I would get it checked out but it sounds like what my daughter gets sometimes – Notpsoriasis (“Well, it’s not psoriasis.”) They don’t know what it is, but it doesn’t bother her. Sometimes the places will peel before it goes away, other times it just fades away. I stopped having it looked at, it is just part of her disease.

For psoriasis, they tell me they look for “silvery plaque”, whatever that is. Textbook PsA has sausage digits, but I also see patients told their RA has become PsA after they develop psoriasis while on biologics. Their RA doesn’t change, they don’t suddenly develop sausage digits.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Airen
    Participant

Thanks guys. I have some upcoming appointments. I will def have them looked at.

Started AP in June 2015

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.