Home Forums General Discussion Rash on tongue – allergic to minocin?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Well, I had to log in under another name because the forum would not take my other screenname for some reason.

I haven’t checked in for a while because everything was going terrific. That is until August’ish. Since then I have been flaring off and on none stop. I have also had this strange rash on of all places, my tongue. My doctor seems to thing that I may have become allergic to my Minocin or Azythromicin. So he has stopped both for a week to see if the rash clears up and has called for more blood work. I see him again on Friday. It’s been 4 days since stopping the antiobiotics and the rash is still there. He also gave me an antifungal rinse to try as well. I don’t want to try that until I know for sure whether I have an allergy to the antibiotics.

I’ve been under a great deal of stress – my daughter is sick – and I know that may be part/all of my flaring issue.

Questions: Has anyone else had this funny rash on the tongue? and if I am allergy to my antibiotics what will I do? AP has been working for me, what would be my other options?

Help
    Andrea Daniels

RA since 2007, Hypothyroidism since 1992, High Blood Pressure since 2017
    Current Meds: Minocin 200mg (T, Th & Sat), Axithromycin 250mg (W only), Plaquenil 400mg, Armour Thyroid 2 1/2 gr, Prednisone 5 mg, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg
    Current Supplements: Mega Vitamin, L-5_MTHF 1000mcg, Strontium Citrate, Vitamin D 2000IU, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, extra iron,
    Supportive Measures: IV push Myer's Cocktails, Periodic IV Chlyndamycin, No corn, No dairy, No sugar

Kash
    Participant

Could it be possible you have thrush on your tongue or also called yeast on your tongue? Just a thought as I have that every few months. I have to keep on with my probotics to try and keep yeast away…sometimes the antibiotics win.
    Difucan works for me or Nystatin oral rinse and swallow.
    Just my personal experience…
    Barb

Andrea
    Participant

The Nystatin is what he prescribed for me. He looked at it, didnt think it was thrush. Thanks for the opinion.

Andrea Daniels

RA since 2007, Hypothyroidism since 1992, High Blood Pressure since 2017
    Current Meds: Minocin 200mg (T, Th & Sat), Axithromycin 250mg (W only), Plaquenil 400mg, Armour Thyroid 2 1/2 gr, Prednisone 5 mg, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg
    Current Supplements: Mega Vitamin, L-5_MTHF 1000mcg, Strontium Citrate, Vitamin D 2000IU, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, extra iron,
    Supportive Measures: IV push Myer's Cocktails, Periodic IV Chlyndamycin, No corn, No dairy, No sugar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.