Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads RA – My personal Journey!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

In November 2013 I went to see my doc because I was having pain in my knees and had started having sensitivity to alot of food. At first, I thought it was allergies but allergy meds did not help. Several other times I had seen the doc with the same problem and she put me on 10 day prednisone and I was ok. We’ll this time I had seen a different doc and she decided to do more tests. She did the RF test and it was positive and she did a more specific test that showed I had RA. I was referred to a rheumatologist. The doctor gave me a prescription for Methotrexate and prednisone. I decided to do more research before taking any meds. In January, I came across Road back. I went to the rheumatologist and asked him for minocycline and of course he wasn’t comfortable giving it to me. He said that he used this meds on people who were in jail long time ago because they hadn’t come with better meds for RA. I told him I was willing to take a chance. Since he saw I wasn’t changing me mind on taking methotrexate he said I can go ahead and try it.

I have been taking minocycline since mid February of this year and I can say I feel alot better. Before AP i was in pain and had developed sensitivity to everything, food, vitamins even meds. I was in bad shape. I stopped eating proteins, grains and stopped taking any vitamins. I could tolerate about 5 or 6 six things and that is what I ate everyday( Avocado, sweet potato, mushrooms,yellow squash,apples and carrots). I have suffered from anemia before so it got worse and my white blood cells dropped. In March the doc gave me iron IV for 4 weeks. 5 months later on Minocycline I can tolerate eggs, red meat, chicken and some dairy. Now I’m back to taking Multivitamin, fish oil again. I just came back from the doctor and I’m seriously anemic again and have to get more iron IV. I know I’m feeling better but how come the anemia is not improving? First of all I have lost so much weight so having anemia just makes everything worse. I feel like I have no strength all the time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.