Home Forums General Discussion RA Culprit Found by Japanese Researchers?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

Japanese researchers believe they have found the culprit leading to RA.

“Study: Culprit leading to rheumatoid arthritis discovered”

February 26, 2014

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news/social_affairs/AJ201402260014

“This discovery could lead to the development of a drug for the first time to cure the autoimmune disease, in which a sufferer’s immune system attacks his own tissues, instead of combating invading viruses and bacteria in the body.

The scientists, including researchers at Osaka University, have found that people susceptible to contracting rheumatoid arthritis developed the disease after cellular misfolded proteins are transported to the surfaces of cells without being processed into peptides. These proteins were processed within the cells in the bodies of healthy people.

Anonymous
    Participant

@Maz wrote:

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Hello Maz,
    long time not talking to you, I have done well with exception of a sinus infection beginning of the year. At least I have kept my lungs clear. Also had some hand issues for awhile but that’s under control. Never know what’s next,
    Interesting reading about a “cure”, but until I see the true tests by someone I am keeping up my meds. I know when I stop I don’t feel well.
    Had to stop LDN because it started to give me problems with my eyes. Went to see a new eye doctor recently and he told me that the stuff that is on my hands(Dermatomyositis and Sjorgrens) is also on my eye lids, in with my lashes. It had scratched my cornea so he told me to use eye wipes and drops to remove it and it seems to help. I never had an eye doctor tell me that before, so I am glad this one knows a little more. 😯

Eva

Eva Holloway

Anonymous
    Participant

I kept looking but no other website is mentionning this research. I hope someone will…

Valsmum
    Participant

I agree too, nice find, this is very interesting, I wonder what kind of side effects this med will have, does not seem as bad as biologics for sure.
    My RA has improved by switching from eating everything in sight to mostly fruits and vegetables, I thought there might be something to the fact that there is not as much protein in the foods I eat and the less protein, the better for me. I still eat 60 grams of protein and I still eat meat, but just a little portion and just a couple times a week.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.