Home Forums General Discussion RA and diabetes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linda L
    Participant

There are some articles on Google about link between RA and diabetes.

http://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/rheumatoid-arthritis-diabetes#1

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy1

They share the same Human Leukocyte Antigen pattern. We did not win the genetic lottery. Also more likely to get biliary thyroid cancer as well as other autoimmune diseases! But in case the Black Plague hits again we are more likely to survive it or whatever comes are way! There is always a silver lining😀

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Linda L
    Participant

Thank you Spiffy. My sister is diabetic 2 and diagnosed just a year ago. She doesn’t have any form of arthritis. I have it and i’m no diabetic. Scary. I love your sense of Humor.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Spiffy1

If you look up the DR4/DQ8 and patterns like it you will see what diseases we could pick and choose from. Of course many people have a pattern like this and will live their whole life not knowing how fortunate they are they did not succumb to anything on the list. I think being compound hetero for MTHFR did not help me any! Sometimes I do have to chuckle that my parents got together and gave me all this! Maybe it was a full moon! I think my brother thinks he got all the good genes! He hasn’t applied anything I’ve learned to his own life. His only problems that we know of is Rosacea and lower ferritin. I keep preaching!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

PhilC
    Participant

Here are some relevant, recent research findings:

Risk of diabetes mellitus associated with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs and statins in rheumatoid arthritis.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27836820

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Linda L
    Participant

It is what I suspected that diabetes happens more after using anti-arthritis medications not just because of arthritis. Thank you Phil.

vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.