Home Forums General Discussion "RA and Colon Bacteria" – Dr. Mirkin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne
    Participant

https://www.drmirkin.com/joints/rheumatoid-arthritis-and-colon-bacteria.html

From the article: “I still get many letters from former rheumatoid arthritis patients thanking me for curing them with antibiotics. Nobody has consistently found any germ associated with rheumatoid arthritis, and the use of antibiotics to treat rheumatoid arteries is very controversial and is completely ignored by almost all mainstream rheumatologists. The recent research on inflammation and gut bacteria suggests that my success in treating rheumatoid arthritis patients with antibiotics may have been due to the effects of altering their colon bacteria.”

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Luck20
    Participant

Thanks for posting this. Its very interesting because it states things I’ve suspected all along. I was eating incredibly healthy for months before starting on antibiotics (and plenty of organic veggies and other foods for years before), but it wasn’t until after about 3 months on antibiotics that I truly felt better. Suddenly my difficult metabolism improved and my health started to get better. That seemed odd. I always thought antibiotics would make someone gain weight? I still think probiotics and eating healthy are important, but it felt like the antibiotics fixed something wrong in my system that was broken for years.

Originally +Ana May 2018 (now negative Jan 2019), scleroderma or uctd, Morphea (now mostly gone!), Myositis ( better now) Probable Lyme w/coinfections, had Bartonella marks that disappeared,
    Mild reflux, mostly gone,mild ild, skin hardening (continued softening and some parts normal again) Impaired liver function, now normal after 1 year and CK, LDH all normal again, 14 mo after starting ap.

Minocin m-f 2x, antibiotic rotation, ldn 4.5, cellcept 3000, probiotics, Monolaurens, Olive leaf extract, fish

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.