Home Forums General Discussion RA and Chronic Stress Survey by Claire Ferguson

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Claire F
    Participant

Hello,
    My name is Claire Ferguson and I am a doctoral student in an American Psychological Association, accredited Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology at Alliant International University in Sacramento, CA.

Many of you may already know my family’s story. All four of us have treated rheumatic illnesses with antibiotic protocols. My sister was diagnosed with systemic scleroderma in 2006. My mom, Cheryl Ferguson, found the Road Back Foundation website and booked appointments for both a California AP doctor, and Dr. Trentham in Boston. Although my family had been told my sister would succumb to her illness, which included lung involvement, within a couple years, she has been doing well and in remission for nearly 15 years now. I hope that you will consider supporting my education by completing my research survey if you meet the qualification critic. Here are the details.

I am currently working on my dissertation research by conducting an online study to examine the effects of chronic stress on the severity of Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms. I would like to invite those of you who meet the study criteria to participate. In order to meet the study criteria, you will need to be able to read and understand English and be between the ages of 25 and 60. Further, all participants must have a diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Participants also must currently reside in the United States. If you meet these criteria, I invite you to participate in a brief online survey that will take 20-25 minutes to complete. Some survey questions ask about experiences of stress. Answering these questions may cause feelings of stress.

All participation and responses will be anonymous (that is, no information that could identify your response will be collected) and all data collected from the survey will be kept confidential. Not even I, the primary researcher, will know the identity of the person completing the survey.

If you have any questions, please contact me at cferguson@alliant.edu. You can also contact my dissertation chair, Dr. Suni Petersen at spetersen@alliant.edu.
    To participate in this study, please click on the link below.

Thank you for your consideration and participation in my research to complete my dissertation.

Sincerely,
    Claire Ferguson, M.A.

This study has been approved by the Alliant International University Institutional Review Board.

https://alliant.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0lxzm0F3VZvpbLM?fbclid=IwAR1-TGEbwglD16PGTEq5k_rEARpeFo2UfqMEaiig7MDRsWiSWMMRdTaD0uI

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.