Home Forums General Discussion Questions about blood work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shannan_Lee
    Participant

Hi.

Started back on protocol for about a week now. I hade blood work drawn at ER yesterday for unrelated issue. Blood work showed an increased number of immature granulocytes. No other abnormalities. Could the minocyclin cause the WBC to be abnormal? Anyone else had this or similar issues with WBC?

Thanks.

Spiffy1

I looked it up and it says that these are a response to an infection, inflammation, or stimuli to the bone marrow. Hopefully, someone will get back to you that has had experience with this. My thought is that minocyclene would help guard against these things and not precipitate it. Yet, every body’s Reactions to medications are different. Was it high enough for a doctor to be concerned? I would ask your AP doctor about it and get his or her thoughts on the matter. Of course the only way to truly know is to do a wash out and see if they go down or up but that is very scary to do. Let us know what you and your doc decide!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Spiffy1

Also, one time my eosinophils were pretty high. I got so worried because this can be a sign of minocyclene problems. But the doc said don’t panic it may not be statistically significant and sure enough four months later they were back to normal. Perhaps your visit to the ER…the reason for that….may have been a cause?

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin

Shannan_Lee
    Participant

I was thinking that because I have late stage Lyme that the minocyclin might have challenged the chronic infection and caused the WBC to be released prematurely in order to fight the infection. The Lyme bacteria can change forms and maybe introducing the antibiotics “woke” up the bacteria and the WBC couldn’t keep up so they released prematurely? Grasping here. Kinda scared. Thanks

Spiffy1

Maybe this is the way your body is fighting it and so maybe it is part of the process and not part of the problem. Our body has these defenses out in place for just such a time as this. Please keep us posted.

Spiffy1

And my neutrophils are always high and my lymphs are always low or low normal. Minocyclene has been able to stabilize them a little bit but I would like to see a better balance. I myself am about to have bloodwork done which I have not had done in a year which is hard to believe. I usually do it every four months.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.