Home Forums General Discussion Questions 123

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

2. Do you have labs before you started AP as a baseline? I would keep taking the AP.

3. The protocol in the physician’s packet tells the difference between a flare and a herx.

I’m no expert but this is my reaction.

Jan

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Ruffian,
    there is no set diet, but you may want to check out if it helps to eat gluten-free for a little while, or discontinue sugar, or dairy. Some of these things may be a trigger. Also since you are now taking antibiotic are you also taking a good probiotic (found at the health food store)?
    I had back problems and I found that the Biaxin (antibiotic) also helped with my spine.
    There are so many different problems with the auto immune issue and not one is treated the same. What worked for me may not work for you.
    Eva

Eva Holloway

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I take NSI Probiotic 15-35, 15 strains, 35 billion units which I get at http://www.vitacost.com. This has been working well for me.

Jan

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi Ruffian,

Glad you started AP and wish it works soon for you. You are right to look for and eliminate the food offenders. I would recommend Dr. Mercola’s nutrition plan. Check out http://www.mercola.com . He advises to go grain free for life for all, regardless if you are ill or not and also go lactose free for 60 days to see if it makes any differrence in your symptoms. Sometimes, once gluten issues are resolved and the gut is healed, people can go back to lactose. He recommends raw milk and raw milk products as homegenised and pasteurised milk molecules (also found in butter and cheese) are very inflammatory. Of course, no porcesses food and no sugar; only good starches found in fruit (watch out for fructose intolerance) and veg and that also depending on how you metabolise them (he will tell you to find out your nutritional type). Plenty of good fats and proteins (including animal) in accordance to your individual requirements. Eating lots of raw veggies with seeds and nuts. And finally all meat, poultry , dairy and eggs should be organic, free range, pastured (and not just grass fed or even worse grain fed). By removing the known offenders even if you don’f follow Mercola’s Total Health Plan or any other specific diet, you should ease, stop and reverse many of your symptoms.

All the best!

Valsmum
    Participant

I was going to mention Mercola.com too. I wish I had enough will power to go grain free,it seems warm bread and butter are my weakness too. I found that the Nightshades give me trouble & I have increased pain after consuming dairy.

I hope you feel better soon.
    -Sheri

MINOCINMAN
    Participant

@Valsmum wrote:

I was going to mention Mercola.com too. I wish I had enough will power to go grain free,it seems warm bread and butter are my weakness too. I found that the Nightshades give me trouble & I have increased pain after consuming dairy.

I hope you feel better soon.
    -Sheri

As I have mentioned previously, proceed with caution when buying products from any doctor that is preoccupied with mass marketing of just about every product for health under the sun. This is not to say that these doctors are not good doctors, but I have had a very bad experience with another doctor who treatment patients and sold various products. I just do not see how a doctor can have focus on patients and products. They need to take their career path, but would still highly suspect any products that a retired doctor sold.

From my research, diet for certain illnesses can cause aggravation of a condition, or even cause the condition, but often opinions fly around the internet with nothing more than assumption that eating a certain product is bad. What can be bad for one RA patient, as an example, maybe a very good food for another.

There is only one way to confirm which food to avoid is to take one by one and eliminate them for a month and see what happens to symptoms. However, even if symptoms get better, was it the food removed, other foods added, waxing and waning of illness .

I think many modify their diets with no real need and deprive themselves of many good foods, but on the other hand, if they are feeling better and continue to feel better, then this makes sense. I would take food removal over pain and suffering any day.

I plan to start with sugar, then bread, gluten, lamp shades veggies, etc to see what this may do to improve my condition.

I do know that thee are many patients that have fully recovered from very serious conditions on this forum that did not modify their diets, nor taking the numerous nutritional supps mass marketed as miracle pills.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

@Ruffian wrote:

Note: several have sent me great info using the PM….thanks! For some reason I can’t write back, it says I cannot compose messages because I’m a new member. Just know I am grateful for any and all help.

First off, welcome, we are glad that you found us. If I do say so myself this is a great group of people who will give you suggestions and ideas of what they have tried along the way. Mino is great, but the healthful ideas shared here will help you make your own best choices.

Regarding the PM not allowing you to send messages, we will look into that. I am not aware of any reason that a new member cannot send a PM. But I will check into and get it resolved so you can have full access to the system.

Welcome,

Cheryl

Nell2
    Participant

I would definitely stay on AP and not go off for testing.

And just wanted to say that I was the most devoted bread-eater in the world — pasta, fresh homemade bread, pizza — I loved it all. I finally went GF for good after half a year of rampant cheating. The cheating helped actually because each time I could feel the effects, and made myself pay attention to them, until eventually I could weight the consequences with a clear head and it just wasn’t worth it. My symptoms were mush-worsened fatigue, very bad mood, not wanting to be touched (or talked to either, I just wanted to be left alone), bad temper.

That was nearly two years ago, and I have to say I don’t miss it at all. Sometimes I have GF bread or whatever and that’s good enough.

Glad you’re seeing positives so soon!

Nell

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Good deal!!!!!!!! Glad you got it.

Jan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.