Home Forums General Discussion Question re MACROBID antibiotic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi gang;
         Have any of you used this antibiotic? It's usually used for urinary tract infections.My brother is taking it and his fingers are numb and so is his blood pressure.I am wondering if it may be the cause.His doctor will not be around until tomorrow afternoon  and I hav no idea what to tell him. Thanks

casey
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

I just dug up the pamphlet that comes with prescripts. I had one for macrobid 2 yrs ago and there are many side effects listed with this. It does say “seek immediate medical attention if you develop the following rare but very serious side effects:numbness/tingling of the hands/feet, unusual weakness. ” Also says the same if you have a fast/pounding heartbeat.

This abx is one with the most side effects listed of all the pamphlets i have as the above are only a few  . The pamplet came from Guardian Drugs. Give the pharmacy a call . I find Gaurdian gives out very detailed drug pamphlets .

Also, i was given this , (NOT by my AP doc) for a kidney and bladder infection. It does not touch kidney infections, only works on the bladder and lower tract infections. Doc had made a mistake so when i informed him that it does not touch kidneys, he switched it to levaquin at my request. Cleaned up the problem quickly in both those areas.

Hope this helps,

Casey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Question re MACROBID antibiotic’ is closed to new replies.