Home Forums General Discussion Question for Enbrel Users

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Betty S
    Participant

Does Enbrel start giving you improvement right after the first shot or does it take more continuous usage and buildup in the system.  How often are shots taken?

Joe M
    Participant

Here is an official Enbrel website that should answer all your questions. 

http://www.enbrel.com/ra/understanding-ra.jsp

Generally, they take full effect in about two months, but some report efficacy in as little as a few days.  Enbrel is normally injected once a week.  Starting a biologic is a big decision, you are wise to be fully informed before you do.

Joe

linda
    Participant

The website Joe mentioned is a good place to start, it also contains information on financial aid and even has a program where you can get the first 5 doses free, if your insurance won't pay much or you don't have insurance.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Betty,

For me Enbrel is instantaneous.  But please understand I didn't even take Enbrel until I was 1 1/2 yrs into AP treatment.  In addition to antibiotics, I do lots of natural things to combat inflammation such as an anti-inflammatory diet and a host of herbal anti-inflammatories.

Everything I do outside Enbrel does a really good job decreasing my inflammation, but it doesn't eliminate it mine entirely so my AP doctor (who is also a rheumatologist and a lyme literate doctor) finally had to bring Enbrel onboard.

The adjunct therapies most likely are why Enbrel works so well for me.  If you have to resort to Enbrel, please be sure you are doing simpler things to also combat inflammation.

Susan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Question for Enbrel Users’ is closed to new replies.