Home Forums General Discussion Question about Minocycline brand Zydus

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    Participant

Is anyone taking Zydus brand minocycline? And if so how is it working. I could not get the “Watson” brand anymore which worked very well for me. And I am worried this is not doing as well.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rose,

I don’t take Zydus minocycline because I am apparently allergic to one of the dyes in it, but I can tell you that I no longer have as much confidence in that generic as I once did. When it first came on the market, Zydus mino was made in Pennsylvania, but that is no longer the case. It is now made in India. So currently the quality of Zydus mino is a big unknown.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Rose
    Participant

Thanks Phil, I just started taking it last week. So am worried it may not work as well as the Watson did. For twelve years I took first minocin then minocycline when I could not get the name brand anymore. Did really well on them, but am in a flair now since February and am having trouble trying to get it under control.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rose,

Watson minocycline is still available. The reason you haven’t been able to get it is because the name has changed. Watson was purchased by Actavis, so Actavis mino is what you should be looking for.

Actavis Minocycline Hydrochloride (label)

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Rose
    Participant

Wow thank you Phil.

jennysammy
    Participant

How do I post a picture of my mino here?…it’s gray and white, with RX696 stamped on them….are these any good? No idea who the manufacturer is, it doesn’t say on the bottle

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Jennysammy,

There is a pill identifier at drugs.com. Seems you have the Ranbaxy generic:

Ranbaxy Minocycline

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

How do I post a picture of my mino here?…it’s gray and white, with RX696 stamped on them….are these any good?

Those are Torrent (formerly Ranbaxy) 100 mg capsules. Yes, they are good.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

Thank you for the update, Phil. The drugs.com chart is lower down the above page link and has listed 5 different “Relabeler and Packagers.” Ranbaxy for caps labeled 63304-0696, but Torrent for NDC code 13668-0484. There seems to be various suppliers of the same generic?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Thank you for the update, Phil. The drugs.com chart is lower down the above page link and has listed 5 different “Relabeler and Packagers.” Ranbaxy for caps labeled 63304-0696, but Torrent for NDC code 13668-0484. There seems to be various suppliers of the same generic?

Ranbaxy was sold to Sun Pharmaceutical in 2014. As part of that sale, they were required to sell their minocycline, and the buyer was Torrent Pharmaceuticals.

The information for Ranbaxy’s minocycline capsules can be found here:
    https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=61f1d07a-f5e9-45b5-8806-b31a441bc592

I’ve noticed that it takes quite some time for old info to be removed from government drug databases, and even when it’s removed it gets archived and not deleted.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Spiffy1

I did very well on Ranbaxy but had to change to Par when Ranbaxy was no longer available and became allergic to the fillers. I switched to Sun and I was still unable. Not sure what happened. Using compounding now with success.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.